Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
(Source: I won a digital copy of this book. Thanks to YA Buddy Readers' Corner)
17-year-old Emma nearly died when she was 15 and she was involved in an RTA with her father. What she doesn’t know is that she was supposed to die though, and that Finn – a reaper, saved her.

Finn has been in love with Emma for 27 years, ever since she died in a previous life and he had to reap her soul. He did something very bad to get Emma to where she is now though, and he’s been protecting her constantly for the last two years, from a shadow (evil spirit) called Maeve who wants to kill her, even though it’s against the rules.
When Maeve steps up her attacks, Finn steps up his own protection duties, and starts getting in even more trouble with his bosses, he can’t let Emma die though, he loves her too much.
Can Finn keep Emma safe? Why does Maeve want to kill her so badly? And is there any hope for Emma and Finns love?

I loved this book! The suspense and romance were just riveting and I really couldn’t put this down!

The characters in this book were great. I loved how Finn loved Emma so much that he risked everything for her, and I loved how he watched over her and kept her safe even when it got him in trouble.
I also liked Emma, I loved how she baked for therapy, and how she was always there for her best friend Cash when things were difficult for him at home. I liked how she took her tablets, even when she thought she didn’t need them, and tried her best to fight against the things that haunted her.
(I also really want a t-shirt like Cash’s that says "I'm only here because my Flux Capacitor is broken")

I really liked the storyline in this book. I know an angel/reaper in love with a human has been done before, but I really liked how the author told the story, and I loved the suspense in this one. I couldn’t wait to find out what would happen next and I really didn’t want to put this down at all!
The romance between Finn and Emma was really sweet, and I really wanted things to work out for them even when it seemed like the odds were stacked against them. I also really liked the little twists in the story, and the ending was really good too! I really want to read about Cash’s story in the sequel now!
Overall; Great YA paranormal romance about a reaper in love with a human.
9 out of 10.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account