Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I feel left out in the way that everyone else seems to love this book.
Did I like this book? Yes. Did I love it? No.
I see this book as being separated into two parts:
PART ONE:
Shows how Amy survived "the After" so far and how she discovered Baby (A little girl). I enjoyed this part. I liked hearing about how Amy survived this new world and how she and Baby became sisters to each other.
While reading the first part, I thought I just discovered a new favorite.

PART TWO:
Part two is much larger than part one.
This part takes place after the rescue and it shows how life is in the utopia of New Hope.
This part also switches in a way that it shows what is happening "presently", after the rescue, and what will happen in the future.
I found this really interesting. I kept flipping the pages because I had to know howAmy got to that point!

What made me not enjoy the 2nd part is hard to tell. Was it the predictability? The dragging on? Maybe a little bit of both.

Another thing that I would like to mention is that there is a "romance". I put that in quotations because I was never quite sure if the feelings were of the romantic type. There was one kiss and then there's absolutely no mention of it again and no hint of anymore romance. I just think that it might have been better if there was no "romance".

Conclusion:
I actually did enjoy most of the book but I just couldn't put myself to like the 2nd part.
I will be continuing this series!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account