Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Have you ever been so blown away by a series that you don't even know how to put all your feelings into words? That's me with the Shatter Me series.

I was late to the series, but I read the first three books and two novellas back in 2018 before the release of Restore Me. I read all five within a week, which was really fast for me back then. I just couldn't stop. I then reread them in 2019 and 2020 to prepare each time a new book came out.

To say I was excited for Imagine Me is a massive understatement. I was beyond anxious after Defy Me and Reveal Me. There was so much up in the air, and I was terrified something was going to happen to one of these characters that dug their way into my heart. I am way too emotionally attached to them.

As expected, Imagine Me is an intense finale. Tahereh's writing style is so unique and beautiful--it's what initially drew me in with the first book. I love it. The story, too, is original. I read a lot of YA, and this is easily one of my absolute favorite series now. It keeps the reader on their toes and twists just when you think you've figured out what is going on.

The characters are definitely the strongest part of this book and series in general. The overall development is probably the best I've ever seen with the way they grow throughout the books.

Imagine me is primarily told in Juliette and Kenji's point of views. It goes back and forth, and while I wish there was more of Warner's POV, I was thrilled to have so much Kenji. He is without a doubt my favorite in the series, and he quickly moved up to one of my all-time favorite fictional characters. And it made sense to have his perspective. Much like the first book, it allows the reader to see Warner from the outside.

The plot overall of this book was well thought out. I enjoyed seeing the events unravel after so much anxiety and build up. I loved seeing certain things from the earlier books play out. It was a very emotional book, as is the whole series. (It is really hard to review the sixth book of a series without spoiling anything for the others!)

That being said, it didn't leave me with the same "wow" feeling as some of the other books, namely Ignite Me and Restore Me. I think it was the pacing of this story. There was a lot of build up, but the end felt rushed. Not to say it wasn't good. It was fantastic, and I still loved every second. It just kind of left me wanting more for the end.

Overall, this book is a wonderful end to a phenomenal series. If you haven't already, be sure to check them out!! I cannot recommend them enough! And I will absolutely be on the lookout for future books by Tahereh!
Good Points
- Strong, incredible characters
- Well thought out plot
- Beautiful writing
- Great finale to a phenomenal series
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account