Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
So, the entire time I'm reading this book, I felt like I was Chloe. I was finding things out at the same time she would. There would be no guessing ahead, because I could never be sure how Ruby would change it. I didn't necessarily like Ruby at first. She was way to controlling, and her weird obsession with her sister was uncomfortable. But what kept me going was the mystery. The sunken town of Olive. The words, for the love of God, these are some of the most beautiful cryptically crafted words I have ever read. This could have been a book with just random lines, and I would have fallen in the same trance I did when they were put into a story. Nova Ren Suma can write! Let me show ya:

“Ruby’s stories didn’t have morals. They meant one thing in the light and one thing in the dark and another thing entirely when she was wearing sunglasses.”

“There was something to be said for the bodiless feeling that came after the cold. Something I would always remember. When you forget how bad it hurts, you feel so free.”

And there's many more beautifully haunting passages in Imaginary Girls. I'll just let you find out on your own.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account