Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have put off reading this book because I did not want it to end. I am a bit saddened that there is not more Vincent and Jules, but what a great way to end this series!

Lots of things are going on in If I Should Die. There is A LOT of back story for revenants and numa. We also meet a few other characters (or at least I think they are new because I forgot them in the other books!). At any rate, they have a more prominent role in this book than they did before.

But what really got me this time around was Kate and her sister, Georgia. They have both undergone some serious character growth. In the other books, Kate comes across as whiny and weak. Not this time! She is a total kick butt heroine now. Her destiny is a bit obvious, but that's ok. I enjoyed it. Then there is Georgia. The self-centered hussy is gone. She's reserved and concerned about people other than herself. She was a great supporting character for Kate.

What did bother me, however, is the lack of Jules. I love Vincent and Ambrose, don't get me wrong. But there has always been something about Jules. He's so broken and distraught about his feelings for Kate. I was really hoping he could find his happy ending, but instead he vanished. Poof. I was pretty upset by that. I think Jules needs his own series or at least a companion novel.

If you have read the other novels, you will more of the things you have come to expect from Amy Plum. The descriptions are remarkable. You will feel as if you are walking the streets of Paris along with Kate and her band of revenants. Also, the way she can pen emotions will make your heart race and give you goosebumps. It's pretty fantastic. If you are like me and have been putting off this series, go ahead and pick up If I Should Die. It won't disappoint you. And if you have not read this series, what are you waiting for?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account