Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Kaylee is on the list. You know that list the Reaper’s get so they know who to collect? Yeah, that list! It looks like she’s going to be wailing for herself fairy soon. Is that even possible?! Either way, Kaylee is on a roller coaster of emotions, and I found myself worrying right there with her.

Knowing when you’re going to die is definitely going to mess with your head and emotions. What would you do if you know you’d die in six days? Kaylee is dealing with the news the only way she can: throw herself into some crazy missions! First, she’s investigating the sexy new math teacher, Mr. Beck. He’s not human, but what is he? Did he knock up her classmate who nearly bled to death while miscarrying? Second, she can’t die a virgin!

Sex plays a very prominent role in If I Die, which was a bit surprising. There’s nothing explicit, but the topic does come up quite a bit. I do think the subject of Kaylee being unsure about wanting to lose her virginity was handled very well though. Then of course there’s the whole student/teacher relationship plot going on, which is going to be a hot topic no matter how it plays out.

I almost gave this one 5 stars, but I can’t. I think the ending was a little too convenient. I was just hoping for more. I was shocked at some of the events in the last chapter, but then they were resolved too neatly, taking away from that initial punch to my gut. Sure, happy endings are great, but leaving at least ONE thing messed up could have pushed this one to mind blowing. It’s definitely the best of the series so far though.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account