Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What worked: Reluctant vamp queen meets Veronica Mars in this fast-paced, engaging new paranormal series from author Marlene Perez.

In this story, Tansy has to come to terms with being the new California vamp queen. Her boyfriend Vaughn has been ghosting her and suddenly shows up at a country-western bar with new friends and a secret. Add to all of this there is a string of werewolf killings in which their hearts are ripped out. Perez once again brings the snark and sass to life in this fun series filled with witches, vamps, werewolves, and even hellcats.

Tansy is a reluctant heroine as she didn't ask for her new calling. I liked how she balances her role as a vamp queen with school and a boyfriend. Their relationship has its own ups and downs. I also loved Granny and her book club!

There's also issues that deal with trust. Should Tansy trust her mother who just suddenly shows up in town? Then there's the issue with Vaughn not being upfront with what really happened in Texas. And of course, there's her BFF Skylar and her on-again-off-again boyfriend Conner. All of this drama mixed with Tansy trying to figure out how to deal with her new calling as vamp queen.

Totally recommend this book to paranormal fans who love protagonists with sass, a good adventure, and sprinkled with humor. A great follow-up to the first book in an engaging series.

Good Points
1. Reluctant vamp queen meets Veronica Mars
2. Fast-paced, engaging new paranormal series
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account