Cute, Journal Style Read
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Jolie absolutely loves strawberries so much that she gets the idea to grow some in her garden. But her parents don’t have the money for it and want Jolie to be more responsible before taking that task on. To prove herself, she sells lemonade to try to raise enough money and takes on chores around that house she can complete. All the while she’s attempting to prove to her parents that she’s old enough to grow strawberries.

Told in journal entries and dialogue, I LOVE STRAWBERRIES is a story full of humor that teaches children all about being responsible. As Jolie quickly learns, it isn’t easy to grow strawberries. When she finally earns the privilege and starts growing them, she has to protect her fruit from things like birds and worms.

The illustrations are vibrant and fun and the silliness made my daughter smile. Jolie is a relatable character and the journal entry style of writing appeals to my daughter more than other styles so I’d love to see more like this.

Final Verdict: I LOVE STRAWBERRIES is prefect for children who love gardening and for parents who want to teach the children the importance of responsibility. My daughter and I both enjoyed this story which is always a plus.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account