Putting Words to Big Feelings
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

What I Loved: This book is wonderful for the preschool or ELL crowd learning to put words to their feelings. The illustrations were simple but relatable. These would be so easy to act out or mimic the facial expressions as you are learning. Pre-K kids know the basic happy, mad, and sad emotions but I have been asked while teaching what proud and brave mean. I love that this text expands their word knowledge with a wider range of positive and negative emotions illustrated. Some of my students have a hard time thinking of a time that they felt the emotion, but I plan to use this text with them to see if the illustrations help them connect the emotion to something they remember doing. The end message is well said. We all have positive and negative emotions; it is what we do with them that counts. This book will be great as an introduction to feeling words and then segue into techniques for dealing with big feelings. I highly recommend it to Pre-K teachers, ELL teachers, counselors, and parents looking to help our kids put words to their emotions.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account