Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
As someone who's deeply obsessed with K-dramas, reading this book was absolutely enjoyable. I was constantly reminded of some scenes from K-dramas I've already seen and it was really fun.

I love Desi's character and her persistence for everything. I can definitely relate to her in that aspect. I also adore her relationship with her father! For some reason, she reminded me of Duk Seon's (from Reply 1988) relationship with her father. Desi also has great friends along with her, Wes and Fiona, and their whole dynamics just keeps me going. I also love the fact that they refer to Luca as Won Bin for his code name, just because he's the hottest Korean actor alive. I'm not even going to beg to differ, though he's not really my favorite hahaha!

Luca also had some usual k-drama tropes going on, which I think is mostly applied to the love interest, parents that are a little disinterested for his passion. I also adored his personality and I do feel kilig everytime he calls Desi a "nerd", kind of like the same way Joon Hyung refers to Bok Joo as "Chubs" in Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.

The story is definitely k-drama worthy, and I love it. It's something I'd love to watch someday. That's the thing about k-dramas, no matter how cliche the tropes are and they kind of follow a pattern, they still make me swoon and I can't stop watching them. Same thing goes with this book, even though it took me a long time to finish it, I still managed to squeeze in a some time just because I can't stop reading.

Overall, this book was a really sweet, heartfelt, and light contemporary read. The k-drama recs at the end of the book (and references throughout the story) was a bonus! I definitely recommend this book to all k-drama fans!
Good Points
light and heartwarming, friendships and family relationships are great, funny and quirky
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account