Review Detail

Kids Fiction 802
Parenthood in a Nutshell
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Mommy does not sleep because of baby. Daddy is grumpy because of baby. While using humor, the author takes us through a day in the life of a parent with a new baby. It includes everything from the lack of sleep, the anxiety, and the stress. It also shows how even though it can be rough, we're still happy to have them in our lives because they make it better.

I AM A BABY is a hilarious story that sums up parenthood completely and will probably entertain the parent with its hidden humor more than a child. However, children do love reading about babies and that's why my daughter enjoyed it. The illustrations are just as funny with little things hidden just for the parents, like mom's glass of wine. It's a nice touch that had me smiling even more. My daughter and I shared a good laugh at this one because she knows she's always waking me up. The words are also simple which makes it a possible early reading book and simple enough to work as a bedtime story.

Final Verdict: This book is perfect for parents who want to be entertained just as much as their child. It also depicts a parent's love and all the things we go through and do for them. I AM A BABY makes me look forward to reading more of Bob Shea's works.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account