Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When I first read this book in 2010 I hated it. I thought it was overrated and boring. It also felt like most of the books that time, a Twilight feel. Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way. Now though, five years later when I'm missing books that have that Twilight feel, I enjoyed it. It had action and romance and a somewhat strong female lead. I didn't like how quickly Nora seemed to fall for Patch, even though she told herself to stay away she still let him be around her. He seemed so dark and yet she gave him a chance, that wasn't very smart of her. After all, he came with the intent to kill Nora. I can say that I did not connect with Nora at all and I really wanted to.

I also think the side characters could've been fleshed out more, to me they just felt flat and like they were only there to help further the plot. I like it in books when every character feels real. Like, most of Jennifer L Armentrout books. She knows how to truly make them feel real. I'd like to hope that as the series went on the side characters get there chance to grow as well. I do really miss books about Fallen Angels/Demons, there used to be a lot more now I feel they are fading away.

Now, this book isn't the best around, there are far better ones out there but it was enjoyable, I found it hard to put down even though it was very predictable and nothing really seemed original. If you haven't read this book yet and are looking for a quick read. I'd say give this a shot.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account