Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I love retellings--it's kind of my thing--and this was a new one for me. I haven't read a Three Little Pigs story since I was a child! This was fun and intriguing. The story is very interesting and well thought out. It's original, while still holding that element of familiarity.

The only reason I gave it a lower rating is because I wish there was more. It felt a little rushed. There is so much potential, and I wish it had been fleshed out a little more, especially with the characters. It is written from Niklaus's point of view, but there are a lot of other characters that I want to know more about. For example, the brother and sister, Lukas and Sabrina, that he trains with. What is their story? Why are they training assassins? I also want to know more about Raif and the princess.

Overall, I really enjoyed the book. It's a short, quick read that kept my attention. Even in the limited space, the author did a really great job of world building. The whole concept of the werewolves as a retelling was great. While the ending felt a little rushed, it did end in a way that left me wanting to continue. I'm looking forward to reading the next book!
Good Points
- Excellent world building
- Great story and plot
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account