overall cute picture book
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

HUG A TREE, SNOOPY! is a cute picture book that talks about trees. The Peanuts group is learning about trees, and it is not going well for anyone. When Lucy decides to plant a tree, Charlie Brown and Linus tell her that a stick will not become a tree. Charlie Brown ends up getting a little tree that they can plant and tend. Even though it will be a while before they can have a picnic underneath it, they decide to sit with it and have a picnic with it now!

What I loved: This was a cute story about exploring trees with basic facts (oxygen and shade related mostly) about why they are so great. The characters stay true to themselves throughout, and this will appeal to young fans. The illustrations capture the story well, and there is much of Snoopy and Woodstock to love throughout.

What left me wanting more: As a small thing, I did not love that all the female characters were clueless about trees, while the boys needed to teach them (pretty sure they would have also known that a stick would not grow into a tree). There is also the strange harassment of Sally towards Linus that is canonical but is something readers could definitely enjoy the story without.

Final verdict: HUG A TREE, SNOOPY! is an overall cute picture book about the Peanuts celebrating trees.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account