Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I can't believe it took me so long to read this one! I will admit it is completely my own fault, and a case of judging a book by its cover. I saw so many reviews of this when it first came out, but I took one look at that cover and said "Oh it's one of those really heavy contemporary books, I might read it eventually, but it's gonna be hard." WRONG! The cover totally doesn't match what I thought it would be! What this book REALLY is about, is time travel, one of my favorite topics.

Time travel is a very difficult topic to deal with, and I felt McEntire did a very good job of knowing what her rules are. Every time she introduced a new event, she was careful to place it in perspective with the rest of the events. She made the changes in timeline make sense, on a level that even those unfamiliar with theories of time travel should be able to follow it.

My main complaint (and it's not much of one) is that the love story seemed a little too pat. I'm not a big one for the "love at first sight" angle, nor the "I'm so in love after 1 week I can't live without you" thing. It just feels too unreal for me. But, that said, McEntire makes a point of explaining the attraction beyond that, at least a little. I am curious what would happen if one of them lost their ability. Would they lose their connection? Would they lose their entire relationship? (Probably not - YA authors aren't nearly as callous as that!)

So, bottom line: Don't judge this one by its cover! Give it a chance!
Good Points
Fun twist on time travel
Easy to understand explanations of the scientific stuff
Enjoyable, quick read
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account