Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When I first read the cover leaf for Hourglass I wasn’t impressed and thought it sounded like it belonged primarily in the paranormal category. Did I really want to go there? No. No, I did not. However, after a great recommendation and a comforting “don’t judge it by the cover” comment I decided I’d try it out. I am, after all, a huge Doctor Who fan and there is a time travel element. Make that a HUGE time travel element. Needless to say, I was hooked by the first chapter.

Hourglass is the story of seventeen year old Emerson Cole and her discovery of what her visions from the past mean for her future. It is also a story that examines opportunities to right the wrongs of life, as well as the choices we make and their consequences. Hourglass comes complete with a cute older guy, secret organizations, and a cheeky tone. Heaving with romance, I caught myself blushing and giggling all the way through, which I think might have been more so than my entire teenage life. (Not to worry, moms, there is nothing too over the top. Promise.) My only complaint is that the story features another petite heroine who likes to run. Really?! Who in their right mind likes to run?! I keep holding out for an average build, average motivation heroine. That could work, right?

Hourglass will leave you breathless and wondering what would happen if someone screwed with the space time continuum of your life. The downside is that this obsession, I mean symptom, will probably last until the sequel comes out, maybe longer. I recommend a healthy dose of Doctor Who to tide you over, preferably featuring David Tennant as the tenth Doctor, the supreme Doctor.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account