Review Detail

Kids Nonfiction 764
Puddles are Useful!
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

HELLO, PUDDLE is a unique children's book that makes the reader look at puddles from a different perspective. Whether people jump in a puddle or completely avoid it, they don't realize the use that one piece of water has for animals. They help snails stay wet, ducks find bugs, birds take baths, and wasps make nests. That isn't even all!

The illustrations are bold and pop off the page while maintaining an adorable look. After reading this, both my daughter and I will look at puddles completely differently. They help so many animals that it makes you realize they aren't something to take for granted. I also love how the author addresses how puddles disappear in the winter for the most part but we'll see them again in spring. There's a fun activity in the back of the book involving making your own puddle and watching the wildlife that react to it. In addiction to that, a glossary is at the end to explain any terms children might not understand.

Final Verdict: HELLO, PUDDLE is a thought-provoking children's book perfect for nature lovers everywhere. In it, you'll enjoy both the nature aspect of puddles and rain while seeing how they help animals live a better life.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account