Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When the predator becomes the prey, what will happen? Bethany is used to hunting down the evil in the world and bringing her Father’s righteousness to people.Yet, one choice shatters her whole world. I kind of saw it coming. I mean they were young and in love. Marriage seemed the right choice for their situation. But never did I imagine the wraith of Heaven. They are being pursued by The Seven. These are Heavens soldiers to bring justice to the world. Although, I am not sure if their idea of justice is what I would have seen Heaven agreeing with. They took out anything in their path and killed unmercifully. It left a sour taste in my mouth. I did not like how Heaven was perceived at this point. To all such injustice was beyond me.

This was a book I could relate to, though. The setting takes place where I grew up, Mississippi! Not to mention my sister is currently a student at Ole Miss and I lived an hour away from Oxford. I was happy with how accurate the details were. Oxford is a quaint, clean little town filled with plantation homes and college students. Ole Miss is definitely known as a “party school”. The fact that Beth and Xavier had to retreat here to stay undercover made me happy. It was great to read about my home town. It did make me quite homesick, though. It was very tragic that they had to pretend to be two different people.

Beth (Laurie) and Xavier (Ford) were forced to change location and identity after being tracked down by The Seven. They were a married couple under the pretense of being brother and sister. It was actually quite comical. I could never imagine playing the same role with my own husband. I would probably feel the same way as Beth (Laurie) angry, jealous, and degraded. Could you imagine allowing other girls to flirt with your husband and not be allowed to show him affection? They have suffered tremendously for their feelings for one another. I was just ready to finally see a reprieve, but unfortunately that did not come about until after much heart ache and tragedy. They had to endure the death of close friends, the desecration of Gabriel’s body, a possession, and separation. By the end, I was even exhausted for them.

Although I wished for a happy ending for these two, I felt the ending was a little disappointing. I wanted more of a bang and instead was presented with a boom. I had so many unanswered questions by the end of this series, and I felt extremely cheated when it ended so abruptly. I just felt that too many new discovers were thrown into this book. Yet, a lot of them where left standing without a worthy wrap-up. Although I know it is not supposed to happen, I was always a big fan of Gabriel and Molly and I secretly wanted them to end up together. That would have been one awesome twist indeed.

I am not really sure how I felt about this series as a whole. I would have to say that I was left unsatisfied with the ending. It felt like I was left sitting in the dark waiting for someone to shed some light on things. I am not sure I would recommend these books, but if you like Angel stories you might find some interest in these.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account