Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Elljay

Where to start?

Well, okay, lets start with the fact that I was shocked by how much the word "snogging" seems to crop up. It seems to me JK Rowling is trying much too hard to insert that "teenager" thing into the series. I can understand that the trio is growing up, but there's are limits as to how far you should go.

Next, I was wondering when a plot-line would appear. Not much really happens until the end, other than the neverending snogfest. I won't reveal anything for the sake of those who haven't read it yet, but the first chapter has nothing to do with the rest of the book, and I can't say I'm surprised JKR couldn't locate its place in the series.

Lastly, I just thought I'd throw in the fact that the films may be influencing JKR's writing of the books. For instance, when Harry is in the dungeon during Potions, it's mentioned that he'd never seen Malfoy so angry since Hermione PUNCHED him, yet if I remember correctly, she actually SLAPPED him. It is in the film that the punch takes place.

My conclusion: it's good, but not nearly up to the standards of the previous books I did enjoy it, but NOT as much as the others. It seemed more like a place-setter than a plotted, gripping novel. True, it does leave us knowing of exactly where we'll be when the seventh book comes out, but the storyline is missing. Truth be told, I don't know whether to say I loved of hated it, because I'm hanging between both. But I will say this, it did rather reminded me of an implausible fanfic.

My advice: if you're a fan of the series, read it. If you're not and you're just browsing, then I'd advise you to read the others first, then you can judge your own opinion.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account