N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Cynthia

I didn't think HBP was as good as the others. It seemed to be written more in script like a movie than a book. Harry made a drastic change in attitude during the summer that caught me off guard. I mean, his godfather just died! He should have been at least a little more mournful. He kept having nightmares and withdrew into himself and became angry when Cedric died, and he didn't even know him other than a fellow student and triwizard champion. It just didn't seem like the Harry that I fell in love with. Hermione acted alot more bratty about Ron, which I guess can be blamed on hormones, but really... Hermione is smarter than that. And Ron was a prat as always and blind. And the language! I wouldn't have thought any of the three to have foul language other than maybe bloody hell (which Ron says alot). When I compare HBP and the previous five books, I just don't see the quality as much. Sure, it's by JK Rowling, but it seemed more like it would be better on film than in a book. Which after reading HBP they should have a pretty good film for it.

I was shocked that Snape had been the half-blood prince, but it had crossed my mind a time or so during the book, but I was leaning more towards Lily. Well, after that spell on Draco, I kind of scratched her name out of it. I thought Draco had to try to kill someone. I had decided it had to have been Dumbledore, Harry, or someone close to Harry. Albus died! And by the hand of Snape! I was actually starting to like Snape... Now I see I shouldn't have. Hopefully though he'll be punished for either blowing his cover or doing Draco's job. Draco did seem to be coming around right before the DEs came. I almost thought he would assent to Dumbledore and turn to the light. I still don't think Draco is DE material, but what do I know? JK is the one who decides it all. I absolutely loved the background on Tom. It's nice to know that the whole Slytherin family was foul and not just Tom. It's in their genes. It works. I didn't much like Slughorn, but he's alright. Ginny! At the end of the book, Ginny is not what I've always pictured her as at all. She LET Harry LEAVE! Somehow I just don't think Ginny would do that sort of thing. Harry's an idiot. She should know that. The horcrux idea is brilliant. It explains why no one could ever kill Voldemort before and how Harry blew him up when he was little. Though splitting the soul is a bit wrong. "There are worst things than death, Tom" Dumbledore said. Well, that's one of them. Slitting your soul I mean. To never live as a whole ever again. It just isn't right. The centaurs paying their respect was a great idea. And how Fawkes died along with Dumbledore. That answers the question I've had since I met fawkes. What will happen to him when his owner dies? Will Harry get him? Someone pure of heart? Or did anyone have him before Dumbledore? I think that's all I have in my head right now. Thanks for listening.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account