N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Kaitlyn

I love the entire Harry Potter series, but in my opinion, the books get better the higher up you go in the series. Meaning this one should be the best, and I think it is.

I love almost every scene in this entire book. I must have re-read it about thirty times since its release. The action is well-written, suspenseful, and emotional. When I was reading the book the first time, I tried to pace myself, because I didn't want the series to end. But that was impossible. It was just too suspenseful and I couldn't put it down. I read the whole thing in a day, pausing only to eat and use the bathroom.

Yes, a lot of characters die. That was horribly depressing. But it's understanding given that the context of the book is an all-out war between wizards and witches. Every time someone died, I would literally break into sobs, because their deaths were written out so well and because in the past books, they had been so greatly established that knowing they were dead broke my heart. I have never cried so much over a book, but in my opinion, if a book can make you feel that strong of an emotion, it must be a great book. I thought that the amount I cried over Dumbledore's death would never be matched, but yep. It sure was in the seventh book.

I didn't think that the epilogue was great, mostly given the names that were assigned, but that's just because the names are so ugly to begin with. I mean, I'm sure if Snape had a normal name like Sam instead of Severus, people wouldn't be so peeved that Harry named one of his kids after him. Albus Severus is an ugly name, but these were two people that Harry greatly admired/loved, so I get why he named his kid after them.

The only thing I can think of that I didn't particularly enjoy was the Harry-angst, but I am used to that, and Harry has never been my favorite character anyway.

Loved this book. Loved it to death. In fact, I think I'll go read it right now.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account