N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Feedback
I just… wow. What a different pace than the first novel! Right off the bat we are thrown into the dungeons with Etta as she believes Alex is the one responsible with the treatment she is receiving. Alex believes that Etta betrayed him and is refusing his requests. And so the tension between them begins. There is so much that happens in this story and it is nonstop. Betrayals are revealed and secrets are exposed. I loved every second of it, even if I was screaming at the book. Each page had me anticipating what was going to happen next. Was Gaule going to be safe? Were Etta and Alex ever going to forgive each other? Why is Camille such a b*tch? Everything about this story was perfectly set up and the different pace was exactly what this story needed.

This dual point of view was perfect. I’m so glad that Lynn decided to give us Alex’s perspective throughout this series. While Etta made me a little angry throughout this book, I love her so much. She has such a strong personality and I love how it influences her. This book she struggled a little more with the curse and how she was meant to hate Alex but she refuses to be controlled. Her character development was fantastic and I was surprised with how much more she actually developed from book one. Alex, oh Alex. I think one of my favorite things about Alex is how unperfect he is. He has a temper but still tries to see the best in everything. He doesn’t want to be King but still tries to make the best decisions for his people. His development was even more incredible than Etta’s. I loved the resolves he came to and how he is really becoming the person and King he wants to be.

Final Thoughts
Overall, Golden Chains by M. Lynn was a fantastic sequel to this series. There was so much that happened but it all flowed so nicely. I enjoyed reading through this story and the ending is really making me anticipate the next one in the series. Both Etta and Alex has amazing development throughout the story. The dual point of view was very successful for each character and really helped the pacing in the book. I highly recommend this book, especially if you liked the first one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account