Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Parker Frost is distantly related to the famous Robert Frost, and because of this, a lot has been expected from her. Her parents live a sad marriage after being forced to marry because of her birth. She hardly sees her dad, and her mom is strict (and slightly crazy) enough to try to control her life to make sure Parker doesn't make the same mistake she did. Because of this, Parker has never really taken any chances. Until one day, she discovers the journal of Julianna Farnetti, a long-lost teen caught in the perfect relationship and eventually the not-so-perfect storm, and it changes her world forever.

Jessi Kirby has always been a good author. From Moonglass, to In Honor, and now Golden, she has made an emotional wreck out of all of us. Golden is a story within a story about what it means to take a chance, and trust in fate. And at the beginning of each chapter she gives us a quote from Robert Frost that feels like advice to me. I hope one day I'll be able to write inspiring words like Frost, and to paint a picture of greatness like Kirby.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
June 30, 2013
I'm thinking I probably need to make this my first Jessi Kirby book. I've heard so many amazing things about this book as well as the author in general. Great review :]
1 results - showing 1 - 1