Review Detail

3.6 9
Young Adult Fiction 107
Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
I was originally drawn to this on Netgalley from the cover. The bight pink and purple did have me excited. Then I read the synopsis and fell in love. I just KNEW I had to read this!
And I'm so glad I was approved. This book was action packed. It's setting is an isolated community and the main character is Zoe, a girl who is experiencing some "glitches" in her "wiring." When she experiences this, she begins to get her own feelings and emotions, and more importantly, she begins to think for herself. Scared of what the society leaders would do to her if they ever found out, she keeps her malfunctions a secret. Until she meets others with the same glitches... Then they come together to try and get their loves back. I'm telling you, if you love action and dystopia, this is the story for you!
But the reason I'm rating it this low is because I felt like the writing was a little too juvenile to be a YA book. Maybe it was just me, but I felt it had extremely too much repetition. And lastly, I kind of feel like it was a very feeble attempt at romance. It was more like one sided and he was doing weird things like making her uncomfortable by touching her but she didn't react... Yeah, so not cool. He just seems selfish and controlling and not anything that anyone would be looking for in a lover. Maybe it'll get better in the next one....
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account