Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This book is adorable! GHOSTS, GOBLINS, AND NINJAS! is the fourth installment of the popular Pup Detectives series that follows a group of junior detectives who are tasked with guarding the ancient scroll of Bark-Jitsu from the Goblin Gus. Westie has been trying to prove to his friends–and himself–that he is more than just an inventor and can contribute to the team in other ways. Failing to receive his yellow belt of Bark-Jitsu, Westie is disappointed and feeling down when his sensei asks the team for help. Seeing a chance to prove himself, Westie and the team accept only to discover there is more to this case than meets the eye.

What I Loved:
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Westie, Rora, Ziggy and Rider are a fun group of characters. I love the group dynamic. Each one contributes to the story in his/her own way. While this one focuses mainly on Westie, it still focuses on teamwork as a whole. There is an important lesson shown through Westie's struggle to find a place on the team. It shows that while he may not have the brawn of his teammates, he does have the brain and that is just as an important to how their team works.

This is a graphic novel made for kids, and boy, does it live up to that promise. The panel is gorgeous and easy to follow. Bright, vivid and realistic drawings bring the characters and action to life. The easy to read type encourages independent reading, and I promise this one will be one that they will read over and over again.

Final Verdict:
GHOSTS, GOBLINS, AND NINJAS! is an action-packed mystery, beautifully illustrated, and fun for kids of all ages.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account