Review Detail

Middle Grade Fiction 339
Hilarious aliens and fun characters made for a very entertaining read.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved: While reading this I had to completely let go of the fact that I was reading it as an adult. Being in the “kid mindset” is a must for a book like this because there’s a lot of stuff that’s pretty unbelievable, besides the fact that there are aliens in this book. Reading this as a kid (the inner kid in me at least), I have to say that this book was all kinds of awesome. I really loved it. It was so cute and fun. The aliens that Gabby has to watch are hilarious and I loved that even though they’re aliens, they’re still just kids and they still just want someone to play with them. I really appreciated Gabby’s view of how every kid is special and good, you just have to know how to handle them. She’s very genuine and sweet and I like the idea of my kids reading about a character like her.

What Didn’t Work for Me: Being a parent, I didn’t like how Gabby was so flippant during those first scenes with Edwina. That bugged me the most and I was surprised how quickly she gave in to what Edwina told her and how she handled that situation. Gabby is left to her own devices a lot and maybe I’m just being overprotective, but that was a bit crazy to me. Yes, she’s twelve and capable, but still. It’s a personal thing, but that got to me a bit.

Final Verdict: I would definitely recommend this for young readers. It’s fun, light-hearted, and engaging. I really enjoyed reading this book and would love a sequel.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account