An artist she will be
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Liked:
Fractured Path is a story that, at its heart, is about making your dreams come true despite the hand you have been dealt. Blake was a talented artist of mixed race in 1960, which caused the odds of her successfully landing an internship in the art world to become more complex. Let's also not forget the history of lousy luck her family has hanging over its head. Blake sets out to find the legendary mirror of her ancestors after she is continually haunted by visions that contain clues to the mirror's location; on top of that, she doesn't have complete control of her magic.
Final Verdict:
The story for me would have been stronger if I had read the other books centered around this family. Each one is written by a different author and meant to stand alone, but I still felt like I was missing something. However, Blake never lets her heritage or that her magic can be quirky at times stop her from succeeding. The story moves at a relatively quick clip and is engaging as you help unravel the clues to where the mirror is located. Fans of historical fiction will find this an enjoyable read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account