Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Wow! This is one of those books that really makes you think about life, and a lot about death. It raises questions like: How would you spend your last day? Is it better to hold on to your loved ones even though they are suffering? What is your definition of stopping someone’s suffering? Do our actions completely change the events in our lives, or are things already predetermined? Just weighing in at 272 pages, this little book packs a lot of punch!

As Delaney struggles to find out what is going on with her, she is also trying to convince everyone else she is not crazy (even if she doesn’t quite believe that herself). The reader definitely figures out what is up with Delaney before she does, but that didn’t bother me because it made me try and understand what Delaney’s problem might mean for her in the future.

It is a relief when Delaney meets Troy and finally has someone to confide in. This relief, however, is short lived. Troy soon becomes an erie and unreliable character. I found myself loving him, then being creeped out by him. I think the author did a great job of making the reader go through the same emotions as Delaney did when it came to Troy.

As there usually is in YA, there was the lifelong dependable boy/friend/maybe something more character. Decker was a character I loved from the beginning. He was always there for Delaney, even when they were fighting. He dealt with lots of guilt throughout the story as he blamed himself for what happened to Delaney. Of course he was part of the often present love triangle, but the story would have been boring without one.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It is an easy read that I finished in one day. It does have a bit of a creep factor, but the main topic of the book is death, so what else would you expect. I think this is a fantastic debut and I hope to read more by Megan Miranda in the future!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account