Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Nadine-Stella

Overview
Juli Baker is more than excited for the new neighbors to move in, especially since they have a boy her age. Finally, shell have someone to play with. When Bryce Loski first meets Juli, it is a totally disaster. She shows him off in front of his dad, then runs into his house before they can send her home. During the following years, Juli has a hard time hiding her crush on Bryce. Bryce has an even harder time hiding from Juli, especially since they have every class together. These neighbors have barely shared a full conversation with each other, but thats about to change. When Bryces grandfather moves in with the Loskis, all these secrets start emerging from the Baker home while the Loskis house becomes uneasy. Things get said that cannot be taken back, and feelings start emerging that were never there. Are things just stiring up, or is it finally time the Loskis and Bakers have dinner together?

Review
Bryce and Juli were such great characters to read about. Especially since the book it written from both their point of views, it was really easy to relate. I could understand why Bryce thought Juli was an annoyance at first, but if hed just given Juli the time to explain herself, there would have never been a problem at all. Juli is the typical girl. She reads into everything that Bryce says and does, and interprets it the complete wrong way. It had me laughing because I could totally relate. Why do we girls do this to ourselves? The other characters were typical, ones that we can pick out in our everyday lives.
Flipped was a really cute story about first love and how things arent always what they seem. The story line was great, it really sucked me in. I really liked how it was expanded from the first day Bryce and Juli met, to present day. Flipped was a quick and easy read. And a really interesting, yet simiple cover.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account