K-Drama for the LGBTQ Community
(Updated: June 09, 2022)
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Hana loves k-dramas so starring in her own drama should be no big deal. But when they receive bad ratings, she agrees to fake date her co-star Bryan. It's something she can handle without a problem, until her producers decide to throw in more tension with a love triangle.

Enter Minjee. Hana's rival. She's brought in to fake-want to Bryan, but in a twist of fate, she and Hana start connecting. In an industry that frowns on lesbian romances, they have to keep their real relationship a secret. Especially since they're both supposed to be after Bryan. As the story unfolds, they're faced with prejudices that are strong enough the reader can feel it since Hana is bisexual and Minjee is a lesbian.

As an avid fan of k-dramas, I was intrigued by this book immediately. FLIP THE SCRIPT is a cute contemporary romance featuring representation of a lesbian, bisexual, and pansexual. The budding relationship between Hana and Minjee doesn't hold as much tension as I expected and I do wish we got to see Minjee's emotions explored more. But, that being said, overall this was an adorable, easy read that I devoured in one sitting. I do love Bryan's character too and felt connected to him more than Minjee. Another touch I like is that while there's the serious topic of prejudices, there's even more comedy to break it up. The balance makes this book even more lovable.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to fans of k-dramas, LGBTQ representation, and romantic comedies.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account