Review Detail

4.6 5
Young Adult Fiction 203
Dark, twisted plot with perfect Titanic backdrop!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Set with a backdrop of the RMS Titanic, I knew that this would be a mesmerizing read. I've always had a keen interest in the history of the Titanic, and seeing that with an added paranormal element made it so much more enticing.

Tess is a ladies maid for a wealthy British family, the Lisles. This book was completely in her perspective and it was refreshing and surprising to experience what the thoughts are of the servants. In movies, TV shows, and books, the help is usually portrayed in the background or as bleak and unimportant. Hearing what its like to be in the head of a servant in a rich family really puts things into perspective.

Every character in Fateful has a complex intricacy, even the minor ones. Tess especially. She was incredibly strong and understanding of the strange and unexplainable things that were happening constantly around her. With the feral nature of Mikhail threatening her every move, she braved through it all with her chin up.

Alec was one of those characters who will go to the ends of the earth to protect the people he cares about. While that is admirable all of the time, it is dangerous and reckless sometimes. But still, I couldn't help thinking he'd be anyone girls knight (wolf?) in shining armor. Tess's strength about Alec's secret makes for the perfect coupling of two exquisite characters.The concept of werewolves on the Titanic seemed a bit strange to me at first but became intriguing and thrilling soon after opening the book. The ancient and modern reaches of the Brotherhood made it hard for me to imagine a happy ending, but alas, you will have to read it to find out!
Good Points
- Set on the Titanic!
- Gripping and paranormal romance!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account