Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I love YA historicals. I'm also a huge fan of anything Titanic related. I was excited to receive a copy of this book to review. Fateful is thrilling and each page captivates you into wanting to find out what happens to our heroine and the man she loves. The writing swepts you away with language that is authetic to the time period. You'd think the idea of adding werewolves might be a tad bit too much but I loved this feature.

Tess is very believable as a maid of a British family of noble birth. The author did her research as all the little details such as servants having to crack water in their bowls in the morning to being punished for slight indiscertions ring true and give added dept to this tale.

The romance worked for me. I also loved how Tess, though a servant, had desires to do more with her life. I could also see her fascination with Alec, a very handsome American, with a dangerous secret. There's also suspense and intrigue with the powerful Brotherhood who'll do anything, including kill people, in order to have Alec under their control.

Romantic and gripping, this story will swept you along with both Tess and Alec as they confront their demons and also their own fate on the doomed Titanic. Unlike that infamous ship, this story will stay with you.
Good Points
1. Whole Titanic backdrop
2. Authetic feel
3. Likeable characters
4. Paranormal element that works
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account