N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
WHAT I LIKED:

I quite enjoyed reading this book. It wasn't the first book I read that dealt with fame and celebrities, but this was the first that shows the "before" and "after". It's a good thing that Kyle didn't really change his attitude and personality when he got famous, which says a lot about his character.

I also enjoyed the romance bit of the book! It's super sweet and innocent, the whole chemistry between Kyle and Rachel was easy to pick up.

The book also dealt with cyberbullying for the first part of the story and I'm glad that the topic was touched. Also, Jilly Gagnon's writing is really good!

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:

I almost always tolerate cliche tropes but I just felt like the book was full of them. There weren't any significant developments to the characters too, which is one thing I'm always looking for. It was also a little hard to relate to the characters, although, they gave me a whole new perspective when it comes to being instantly famous.

FINAL VERDICT:

Overall, the book was enjoyable to read. The writing was really excellent and I loved that the book was told in alternating POVs of Kyle and Rachel. Their voices were distinct as well. It's a good light-hearted read, and I'll be on the lookout for Jilly Gagnon's future works!
Good Points
Plot is a little refreshing but is full of cliche tropes, good chemistry between characters
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account