4.2 5
Hot
Young Adult Fiction 7036
Crazy prom stories from your favorite authors
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

21 Proms is a collection of short prom stories from the current and best young adult authors. From Aimee Friedman, author of Hollywood Hills to E. Lockhart, author of Dramarama, there is a wide range of popular young adult authors included in this collection. No doubt, one of your favorite authors is featured!

The stories vary dramatically, from a story about a girl who ends up with three dates to prom, to the story of a boy who is in love with a gorilla, and takes a gorilla to prom, much to the chagrin of his parents. Theres even a story about a cult-like Latin club that plays a seriously twisted joke on prom night, courtesy of Holly Black. No matter if youre a teen who will probably never attend a prom, or the president of student government and likely prom queen, you are sure to enjoy these delightful short stories that symbolize one of the major rites of passage of the teenage years. Reminisce about your own prom heaven or disaster. If youve never been to prom, think fondly of your favorite teenage movies like 10 Things I Hate About You or Shes All That.

If I had to pick a couple of favorite short stories, I would have to say The Great American Morp by John Green is definitely one of my favorites. Its the tale of a girl who throws her own backwards prom party on prom night, a morp. Who said that you had to be at prom to have a good time? Better Be Good To Me by Daniel Ehrenhaft is another story that I loved. Its a dads story of his own prom night, told to his daughter right before she leaves for her prom. He ends up losing his virginity to his best friends date, who is now his wife. I guess sometimes everything really does work out for the best.

From stories that will make you giggle with glee, to thought-provoking stories with hidden meanings, 21 Proms tells the story of prom night in so many different languages. No two proms are ever the same.
A2
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account