4.2 106
Young Adult Fiction 28108
The Best Teen Read Around!!
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Reader reviewed by Lauren

I have to start out saying that "A Great and Terrible Beauty" is the best book I have read yet(and I have read a LOT of books ;). It was fabulously written. All of the characters come alive as you read and the story is complex and enjoyable. As aoon as you think you know what's going to happen next, something happens that changes your whole outlook on things.

"A Great and Terrible Beauty" is about a 16-yearold girl named Gemma. Gemma's mother kills herself when confronted by a horrible shadow creature. Afterwards, Gemma is sent to boarding school in England. There she befriends three girls and the four of them recreate The Order, a powerful group of sorceresses. What they don't know is that Gemma has the same power they hold. Through her visions, Gemma can travel to the realms. Gemma takes her friends there and their dreams come alive.However, the mysterious Kartik is constantly warning Gemma to stop her visions and not go to the realms anymore. What will Gemma choose? And what will happen when she makes that choice? The only way to find out is to read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account