Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 30599
Can love conquer all?
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

So, can love conquer all? It's triumphed over many things jealousy, envy, spite, circumstances&but how about when the other person literally wants your blood?

Isabella (Bella) Swan has always been an unusual girl, more the grown-up than either her mother or father (who have been separated for years). After her flighty mother's re-marriage, she chooses to go live with her father in the gloomy town of Forks so her mother can spend more time with Phil. Charlie, her father, is a lot like his daughter: quiet, a little taciturn, and used to being alone.

Things are a little different in tiny Forks from Phoenix. For one, Bella finds herself dealing with unexpected popularity. She can't understand why there are three&and perhaps four&boys that have a decidedly more than friendly interest in her. In fact, she finds it rather annoying.

The one boy she'd really like to learn more about, Edward Cullen, seems to alternate between hating her and being fascinated by her. But when he saves her life (Tyler's pick up truck hits a bad icy patch in the school parking lot), they start to get to know each other, whether Edward wants to or not.

Bella discovers that Edward and his entire family are vampires, but relatively un-dangerous ones as they live only on animal blood and do not hunt humans. But the more she learns about them and grows to love Edward, the more her life and that of her father and mother are in danger.

Can true love survive against all of that? Can Edward conquer his own deadly impulses? Will his family accept his love for Bella? There are a lot of questions to ask yourself here&and the joy is in finding out the answers.

I really enjoyed this one. There's danger, romance, pithy repartee&and, of course, the beautiful Edward. Recommended for readers aged 12 and up. I wonder if a sequel is in the future? I certainly hope so.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 3 1

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
February 13, 2013
I had to see what all the fuss was about. And I could not put it down till I finished it. Full of intrigue, romance and mystery. More fantasy than horror. Thank goodness for that :)
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Thomas Edison

0.0 (0)
Learn about the life of Thomas Edison in this early...
Pete the Cat: 5-Minute Bedtime Stories: Includes 12 Cozy Stories!

0.0 (0)
Join Pete the Cat for 12 groovy, cozy stories perfect...
Sabina: In the Eye of the Storm

0.0 (0)
As in Anne Frank's "Diary of a Young Girl" and...
Literally: Amazing Words and Where They Come From

0.0 (0)
A stunning non-fiction picture book about the origins of the...
Ty's Travels: All Aboard!

0.0 (0)
Join Ty on his imaginative adventures in Ty's Travels: All...
Cuddle Close, Little Koala

0.0 (0)
A reassuring bedtime story about the special bond between a...
We Are Together

0.0 (0)
The power of love and friendship is celebrated in this...
Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger, #2)

0.0 (0)
Half-angel Trinity and her bonded gargoyle protector, Zayne, have been...
Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)

0.0 (0)
"A thrilling adventure, through a vibrant city as alive as...
Shadow of the Batgirl

0.0 (0)
Cassandra Cain, teenage assassin, isn't exactly Batgirl material...yet. Will she...
Of Ice and Shadows

0.0 (0)
The long-awaited sequel to Of Fire and Stars—in which Mare...
Agnes at the End of the World

0.0 (0)
The Handmaid's Tale meets Wilder Girls in this genre-defying novel...
My Love is All Around

0.0 (0)
Mommy Bear shows Baby Bear how love is all around...
I'm not a Mouse!

0.0 (0)
Olivia really doesn't like her nickname - mostly because it...
My Panda Sweater

0.0 (0)
The other kids may laugh, but I always feel safe...
One Day on our Blue Planet... In the Outback

0.0 (0)
From breakfast to dinner, dusk to dawn, children will love...

Latest Member Reviews

Safe House (1-800-Where-R-You #3)

"Reader reviewed by meimei I just received the item I ordered, and was very pleased I got a truly high..."

"Reader reviewed by Ruthie As usual, this was a great read. The storyline was a little more predictable this time..."

"Reader reviewed by Reading Angel "This was such a cute YA story. It really defeats the "goth" steriotype and is..."

"Reader reviewed by Bookworm This was by far one of the best books I ever read!!!!!        It's the story..."
The Secret Life of Prince Charming

"Quinn Hunts parents are divorced and for the longest time she didnt see her dad, Barry. But, for the..."

"Reader reviewed by Chaellee All in all, the plot is good.R. L. Stine has always bugged me with the way..."
The Kill (The Forbidden Game #3)

"Reader reviewed by GRgenius Seeking a way into the Shadow World, Jenny and her four remaining friends set out for..."
The Secret Life of Prince Charming

"Reader reviewed by charlie I thought this book was entertaining. I loved the little stories hidden in each of..."
Forged by Fire (Hazelwood High #2)

"Reader reviewed by Cintia Gerald has been in a constantstruggle to find a stable home ever since he was a..."
Water Song: A Retelling of "The Frog Prince" (Once Upon a Time)

"Reader reviewed by EshInoBi I've never read the Frog Prince, but I'm sure I know it wasn't as interesting as..."
The Rose Bride:  A Retelling of "The White Bride and The Black Bride" (Once Upon a Time)

"Reader reviewed by EshInoBi This book was just plain creepy. Odd. Creepy. Odd. I don't know which. It was just..."
Once Upon A Time:  Wild Orchid: A Retelling of "The Battle of Mulan"

"Reader reviewed by EshInobi This story is based on The Ballad of Mulan, a Chinese poem. I was very intrigued..."
Once Upon A Time:  Wild Orchid: A Retelling of "The Battle of Mulan"

"Reader reviewed by Lexie Wild Orchid is part of the YA Romance line of books 'Once Upon a Time' from..."

"Reader reviewed by rachyyson. shug has been my favorite book yet, I am currently reading Lush. these books relate in..."

"Reader reviewed by Steph Su Twelve-year-old Annemarie Wilcoxnicknamed Shug, which is short for sugaris feeling anything but..."
Golden: A Retelling of "Rapunzel" (Once Upon a Time)

"Reader reviewed by EshInoBi Golden was ok. I give it a thumbs up :] At first it was exciting, then..."

"Reader reviewed by Peacechik This book was so real! Ms. Draper is truly a great writer. This book is for..."

"Reader reviewed by Sami This is a good book about Will Gerald. Will Gerald is faced with having to constantly..."

"Reader reviewed by Allyssa In this book series, the main character, Jessica was hit by lightning and was able to..."

"Reader reviewed by Dani I loved this book. It was a great reading experience. I would never ask a boy..."