Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 582
charming and cute YA contemporary
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

10 TRUTHS AND A DARE is a book about family and owning up to your mistakes. Olivia is about to graduate high school as salutatorian and excited to have some time away from her overbearing mother as she takes a trip away. Olivia's plans are thrown for a loop when she finds out that her ability to graduate is in jeopardy. She took an off-campus PE class, and the form was not turned in. Thinking it must be a mistake, she tracks the golf coach down.

It turns out that when she did not take the class seriously, she did not end up with the number of minutes needed to get credit for the class. The teacher allows her one last opportunity to make it up by volunteering at the golf tournament. As she volunteers, she tries to hide it from her large and involved family, particularly her mother, with the help of her friends. It's a week when she re-examines her priorities and learns more about herself, as well as getting to know the cute guy who is suddenly back in her orbit named Leo.

Olivia learns a lot during the course of the story, and I appreciated her character growth plus the ultimate focus on honesty/integrity. There are some really funny moments with her mother's overbearing texts that her friends/cousins help her to handle and plenty of cute moments throughout. The book is short and breezy, making it great pick for a summer afternoon read.

The romance was more background than I wish it was, but it still had plenty of swoon-worthy moments, and I was definitely cheering for them. I also wish that there was more resolution with her mother to set up some boundaries, but I get that most of it was likely for the comedy.

Overall, 10 TRUTHS AND A DARE was a charming and funny YA contemporary that is perfect for a summer afternoon read.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
May 11, 2021
Hello viewers, I am Eva Joe, from the USA, i want to use this opportunity to thank Dr. DAVID  for the great work he has done in my life. I had a very big misunderstanding with my husband and he said he no longer wants me again. He needs a divorce, i was heart broken, devastated, confused, i didn't know what to do until one fateful day I saw a testimony of someone testifying about what Dr. DAVID has done for her i never believed in magic or spell but i had no choice, i decided to give it a try, so i contacted him via his email (awesomespelltemple@gmail.com) he told me what i need to do which i did and he promised me that within 48 hours my husband was going to contact me, i didn't believed it 100%, so the second day morning as i was preparing to go to work i had my phone ring and i went to pick it up i was surprise it was my husband calling, i answered and he started apologizing to me i forgave him and now he has turned a new live he stopped all the bad things he used to do, now he loves me more than he used to before. You can also contact him if you are also passing through and kind of marital problem or relationship issues. He is a very powerful spell caster and I believe he will help you too awesomespelltemple@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him on +2347040654140 Website: http://http://awesomespelltemplem.website2.me/https://www.facebook.com/Awesomelovepelltemple    
EJ
EVA JOE
1 results - showing 1 - 1