Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 534
Romance Coated in Tragedy
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

VICTOR AND NORA is a romance graphic novel that will make you both smile and cry. The death of Victor's brother looms over his head and causes him to withdraw from society. He throws himself into science in hopes of saving lives one day. Nora is shadowed by death. She has a chronic illness that will kill her in just a couple of months. There's no cure for it, but that won't stop her from living her short amount of time to the fullest.

When Victor and Nora come together, both are surprised at how close they become in such a short amount of time. Even though Nora knows it can't last forever, she won't let her impending demise ruin the moments she has with him. But as her illness worsens, the truth of her situation can only remain hidden for so long.

VICTOR AND NORA brings the reader on a roller coaster of emotions and the power and inevitability of young love. I absolutely love the color scheme where she's the bright pink of a sunrise and he's the dark blue of night. Not only does it fit their personalities, but it also gives you insight into which character is controlling each scene. The relationship between Nora and Victor is a beautiful one formed between to haunted individuals. Both of their personalities clash and bring out the best in each other and that's what true love does.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to fans of graphic novels, the Gotham universe, romance, and tragedy. I look forward to more books by this author.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account