Review Detail

Remember Me Featured
Young Adult Fiction 922
Spooky Read
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

‘First rule of storytelling,’ he says, a glint in his eyes.’ Everything is possible.’

Nell is still trying to recover from the loss of her mom when her dad moves her across the country. The move is for his new job in a historical hotel.
In 1907 Lea is being forced to marry a man she doesn’t love to improve her family’s circumstances.

I love me some historical fiction and some spooky stories. So when this novel was described as a cross between ‘Titanic’ and the ‘Shining’, I knew this story was for me.

The Winslow Hotel in this novel was a character in itself. It is so full of life and history while still being so very creepy. Having worked in the hotel industry I really loved some of the hotel lingo and inferences in the novel. This really made both Nell and Lea’s hotel stay seem so real.

I liked Lea’s perspective more than Nell’s. I felt there was more of a mystery there and that her story was more thought out and interesting. I did notice that her story was very similar to Rose’s from ‘Titanic’ though. Her story was nothing unique but it is one that I really loved.

I really liked Nell’s character and that of her dad. I felt for her and the loss of her mom and how that affected her life. I thought her story was different and yet similar to Lea’s. I loved Alec. He was super swoon worthy and definitely a book boyfriend for me.

I found the story to be more of a love story and less of a horror story which is fine with me, just not what I expected. I did feel that the end was some what of a let down. The middle of the story kind of dragged then the end wrapped up really quickly and anticlimactically.

I would compare the story to both ‘Titanic’ and ‘The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle’. It’s definitely not something you read in YA often. ‘Remember Me’, was just the right amount of creepy and scary with a dash of history.
(The review was orginally posted on The Book Return Blog)
Good Points
-Historical
-Romantic
-Spooky
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Everything I Thought I Knew

0.0 (0)
A teenage girl wonders if she’s inherited more than just...
The Morning Flower (The Omte Origins, #2)

0.0 (0)
New York Times bestselling author Amanda Hocking returns to...
The Hunt

0.0 (0)
Death marked her from her very first breath. Being...
Swallowed by a Secret

0.0 (0)
One dead father. One lying mother. ...
Circus of the Dead Book One

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
There are many ways to die at the Circus...
Roaring

0.0 (0)
Colt Clemmons is an agent in a specialized division...
Court of Lions

0.0 (0)
Court of Lions is the long-awaited second and final...
More Than Just a Pretty Face

0.0 (0)
For fans of Becky Albertalli and Jenny Han, a...
The Adventurers Guild: Night of Dangers

0.0 (0)
After the events at Llethanyl, city of the elves, Zed...
And Then I Turned into a Mermaid (And Then I Turned into a Mermaid, #1)

0.0 (0)
For fans of Emily Windsnap and Maybe A Mermaid, And...
After the Worst Thing Happens

0.0 (0)
Left reeling after her thoughtless mistake causes a terrible accident,...
Hirana's War: Book Two in the Eloia Born Series

0.0 (0)
Praise for Eloia Born “Loved it! A well-written narrative...
Hans Christian Andersen: The Journey of His Life

0.0 (0)
"If you like, I’ll tell you the story of a...
Sheep Dog and Sheep Sheep: Baaad Hair Day

0.0 (0)
If you've ever wanted a perfect reason to say: You've...
My Words

0.0 (0)
"I love words!" says Ava. "Words can be tiny, prickly,...
Sun Flower Lion

0.0 (0)
A sun. A flower. And a lion. With three visual...

Latest Member Reviews

Storm-Wake

"Moss has grown up on a magical island with Pa, his stories, and their dogs. The island is filled with..."
Washed Ashore

"One confusing passage involved Willie and Mr Wallace, fisherman and harbor master. Critical piece of the plot, but I had..."
The Baby

"The Baby was not at all what I was expecting. The cover paints this picture, as if this book was..."
Crow Mountain

"Crow Mountain by Lucy Inglis is one of those special books that comes around only ever so often. It is..."
City of Halves

"City of Halves has a great pace, a strong narrative, some romance, a little bit of adventure, danger, and the..."
Flashes

"Who doesn't love a mystery? Well, I certainly do love a mystery and FLASHES proves to be no exception. But..."
Hitler's Secret

"Good historical thriller for middle school readers interested in WWII history. While this is fiction, there is an interesting author’s..."
Torn

"This book went far and beyond my expectations. David Massey does an absolutely wonderful job. Torn is crafted in..."
Stolen

"Any review that I write for this book won’t be able to do it justice. It’s so hard to put..."
Unfed (Undead #2)

"Unfed is the wild sequel to the great horror-comedy novel Undead by Kristy McKay. If you haven't had the chance..."
Stolen

"Stolen has left me completely and utterly confused. Confused about my feelings toward Ty, confused about my feelings toward Gemma’s..."
Stolen

"Originally posted on http://musingsofabookowl.blogspot.com. I bought this book on a whim at a Barnes and Noble because my..."
Stolen

"ORIGINALLY POSTED ON http://shelversanon.blogspot.com Oh, this book. Talk about a land mine. Whisked from an airport in London to..."

" Since the day her mother died, Jem has known about the numbers. Numbers that pop into her..."
Stolen

"Reader reviewed by Lia Stolen starts out with Gemma getting coffee at the airport when she is kidnapped by the..."
Dawn

"Reader reviewed by BBPhoto When it comes to New Year's resolutions, I think Dawn Bundy has got us all beat...."