Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 389
"You Coming?"
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

I feel like I've been asleep for the last 31 years and I just woke up. I am woke.

Long Way Down, is a knife that cut to the deepest, blackest part of me, and yelled at me to see it. Just see me, and I did.

Long Way Down, could've been fiction--it read so realistically. I was scrambling to get through the pages, fast enough to finish, yet slow enough to savor, and devour it.

Back Story: Our MC's brother was just killed. And he's set on living by the street code: Someone kills someone you love--you take revenge--and set it right.

That's where the story really takes off, on his long way down. He's in an elevator, a gun in his pants--and vengeance on his mind.

Told in verse (which is my favorite by the way), this story packs a powerful punch--clear, concise and sharply worded. I literally couldn't stop, stopping--after every single punch to the throat, which is what many of these pages were. Punches, wake up calls--look at me.

Punches of realism, heartbreak, reality, street code, blackness.

I am blown away.

I can't even tell you all how it all happens, because it would give the story away. I won't lie, I want to so badly, if not just to tell you the story--but also to help you understand it. I know, like I'm some expert on this work!

But, let me tell you, the world needs books like these. Books unafraid--unafraid to tell the raw, gritty truth--in all its fictional glory.

Don't sleep on this. Don't do that to yourself. You will not be disappointed.

You'll want to take this journey, it'll be a fast one but it's a doozy--in the best way possible.

Powerful, poignant, purposeful prose, poetic.

One question, "You coming?" I feel like I've been asleep for the last 31 years and I just woke up. I am woke.

Long Way Down, is a knife that cut to the deepest, blackest part of me, and yelled at me to see it. Just see me, and I did.

Long Way Down, could've been fiction--it read so realistically. I was scrambling to get through the pages, fast enough to finish, yet slow enough to savor, and devour it.

Back Story: Our MC's brother was just killed. And he's set on living by the street code: Someone kills someone you love--you take revenge--and set it right.

That's where the story really takes off, on his long way down. He's in an elevator, a gun in his pants--and vengeance on his mind.

Told in verse (which is my favorite by the way), this story packs a powerful punch--clear, concise and sharply worded. I literally couldn't stop, stopping--after every single punch to the throat, which is what many of these pages were. Punches, wake up calls--look at me.

Punches of realism, heartbreak, reality, street code, blackness.

I am blown away.

I can't even tell you all how it all happens, because it would give the story away. I won't lie, I want to so badly, if not just to tell you the story--but also to help you understand it. I know, like I'm some expert on this work!

But, let me tell you, the world needs books like these. Books unafraid--unafraid to tell the raw, gritty truth--in all its fictional glory.

Don't sleep on this. Don't do that to yourself. You will not be disappointed.

You'll want to take this journey, it'll be a fast one but it's a doozy--in the best way possible.

Powerful, poignant, purposeful prose, poetic.

One question, "You coming?"
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account