Review Detail

T-Minus Featured
Young Adult Fiction 286
fast-paced mystery/thriller
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

T-MINUS is a fast-paced YA thriller that is billed as 24 for teens. Sophie Washington, the character from whose perspective we view the world, is the daughter of the first female POTUS. The book begins when she is woken at night for a security protocol due to a terrorist demand for her mother. Soon, she learns that it may be organized by people on the inside, and she is not safe with the special security guarding her. Furthermore, her brother is missing, and Sophie may be the only one who can find him.

Thanks to her TIA (teen CIA) training, she and her friends have all the abilities they need to dig deeper into the terrorist organization and hopefully save her family. Everything in the book happens very quickly as Sophie searches for her family and works with her friends to figure out who is behind it all.

The book will appeal to younger readers who will buy in to the TIA training of hotwiring cars and pretty much doing everything spies can do while also accepting the fast pace of uncovering clues and figuring everything out while also facing several characters' deaths. This is definitely a thriller with an overall very quick pace. The text is broken by italicized flashbacks that could mostly be skipped, as they do not add much and slow down the plot. Sophie's character is built through her actions and thoughts about other characters, though the flashbacks were attempting to connect more to her history.

In terms of the romance, it was a little rushed/very background, and I was not so into it, but it was also a very minor part of the plot so it didn't come across as unbelievable or instalove (they had a history which was mentioned a bit/in flashbacks).

The strongest parts of the book are the quick action, the overall mystery that needs solving, and the decisions Sophie must make as she navigates her new, scarier world. Sophie felt like a very believable character (even though with some maybe unbelievable training- though, I admit, I wish I could have been in the TIA!), and I was totally hooked in wanting to save her family and learn more about the terrorist organization/plots. I would recommend for people who like thrillers with a strong mystery.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Serious Moonlight

0.0 (0)
After an awkward first encounter, Birdie and Daniel are forced...
Sway

0.0 (0)
In Kat Spears’s hilarious and often poignant debut, high school...
Scarlet Epstein Hates it Here

0.0 (0)
Meet Scarlett Epstein, BNF (Big Name Fan) in her online...
The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)

0.0 (0)
New York Times bestselling author Renée Ahdieh returns with...
The End and Other Beginnings: Stories from the Future

0.0 (0)
Bestselling Divergent and Carve the Mark author Veronica Roth...
Colliding Skies

0.0 (0)
Since Skye Reilly can remember, she has been looking...
What Makes Us

0.0 (0)
A viral video reveals a teen’s dark family history,...
Dating Nashville

0.0 (0)
Becks: How does a straight guy accidentally come out...
Take the Mic: Fictional Stories of Everyday Resistance

0.0 (0)
A young adult anthology featuring fictional stories of everyday...
Dog and Rabbit

0.0 (0)
A funny, sweet story of unrequited friendship from the creator...

0.0 (0)
Lena and Campbell aren't friends. ...

0.0 (0)
The youngest doctor in America, an Indian-American teen makes her...
Prophecy Untold (Shadow Realms book 3)

0.0 (0)
Finding out my mother was taken by the demons was...
Sick Kids in Love

0.0 (0)
Isabel has one rule: no dating. It’s easier―...
Pawns (The Wielders of Arantha)

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
Seven hundred years in the future, a powerful alien...
Perfectly Oblivious

0.0 (0)
Cameron Bates (Cam) could have almost any girl at...

Latest Member Reviews

Boy: Tales of Childhood (Roald Dahl Autobiography #1)

"Roald Dahl relates his strongest memories of his childhood, mostly of his school years up to a little overview of..."
Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great

"Reader reviewed by Gaby B.              I read Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great by Judy Blume recently. This is..."
Stones in Water

"Reader reviewed by Jake When Roberto goes to a matinee with his friends, German soldiers invade the theater and force..."

"Reader reviewed by stellargurl12 i dont think i already did a review on this book but yea... this is..."

"Reader reviewed by stellargurl this is an auto-biography abour roald dahl. in this funny tale he tells about his life..."
And Then What Happened, Paul Revere?

"Reader reviewed by Whitwer Mrs.Siorek In the book And Then What Happened, Paul Revere, is a very good informational..."

"Reader reviewed by Amanda from Mrs. Siorek's class if you like history then this is the book for you. ..."

"Reader reviewed by caroline The book is realy good. I would think that the auothor would need to make the..."