Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 190
READ THIS BOOK!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

This story follows the life of Biz, a teenaged girl. Biz lives with her family, goes to school, explores her sexuality and navigates the rough waters of growing up, as well as often talking with her father—her dead father.
There is so much to love about this book.
The writing. The writing is gorgeous. This is not a book you want to rush through. It should be savored.
Biz is a fantastic character. She struggles with mental illness which is handled in a very realistic way. She also struggles to label her sexuality. Does she like girls? Boys? Both?
I really was able to identify with Biz, and was able to really get inside her head. The other characters were also amazing. I don’t want to spoil too much, so I’m just going to say that the plot was great, the pacing was great, plus the cover is beautiful. What are you waiting for? Go read it!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Don't Date Rosa Santos

0.0 (0)
Rosa Santos is cursed by the sea-at least, that's...
Darknessontheedgeoftown.jpg

0.0 (0)
Chief Jim Hopper reveals long-awaited secrets to Eleven about...
My Ideal Boyfriend is a Croissant

0.0 (0)
This honest, laugh-out-loud novel brimming with body positivity, bite-sized...
Air Awakens

0.0 (0)
A library apprentice, a sorcerer prince, and an unbreakable...
Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)

0.0 (0)
Maia Tamarin dreams of becoming the greatest tailor in...
Girl Gone Ghost

0.0 (0)
A gripping psychological thriller. Inspired by a serial killer...
Every Stolen Breath

5.0 (1)
The Swarm is unrecognizable, untraceable, and unpredictable—random attacks on the...
Cursed Beauty

0.0 (0)
Aurora Rose Brynhild is out of time. ...
The C Word

0.0 (0)
Addison: Secrets have a way of getting out....
Aphelion

0.0 (0)
Ky isn’t your typical seventeen-year-old girl. She's an alien hunter.Ky...
Announcing Trouble

0.0 (0)
I may know everything there is to know about baseball,...
Seneca Lake

0.0 (0)
It's 1944, and high school senior Meg Michaels has always...

Latest Member Reviews

Sarai and The Around The World Fair

"Though rich and vibrant in illustrations and culture, Sarai and the Around the World Fair is a slow-mover. ..."
The Pepper Party Picks The Perfect Pet (The Pepper Party, #1)

"Absolute fun is one way to summarize The Pepper Party Picks the Perfect Pet. Perfectly placed and brilliant illustrations helped..."
Dirt

"After Yonder's mom dies, she and her dad are struck with grief and have trouble picking up the pieces. It..."
Where the Heart Is

"The start of thirteen-year-old Rachel’s summer doesn’t go as she planned. Tensions are high at her home and she knows..."
Smile: How Young Charlie Chaplin Taught the World to Laugh (and Cry)

"'Smile: How Young Charlie Chaplin Taught the World to Laugh (and Cry)' by Gary Golio, illustrated by Ted Young, is..."
Professor Renoir’s Collection of Oddities, Curiosities, and Delights

"PROFESSOR RENOIR'S COLLECTION OF ODDITIES, CURIOSITIES, AND DELIGHTS primarily follows Babe, a fourteen-year-old girl who has gigantism. She already stands..."
Truman

"TRUMAN is an unbelievably sweet story about a tortoise. Truman the tortoise lives with his best friend and owner Sarah,..."
The Day the Universe Exploded My Head: Poems to Take You into Space and Back Again

"THE DAY THE UNIVERSE EXPLODED MY HEAD features cartoony planets and drawings along with poems on each page. Topical, clever,..."
Fallen Empires (Cleopatra in Space #5)

"I'm a huge fan of graphic novels and this series is one that is sure to appeal to those who..."
Carnival Catastrophe (The Problim Children, #2)

"CARNIVAL CATASTROPHE follows the seven Problim children as they continue their search for their mother. The seven siblings must work..."
Big Red School (Clifford)

"CLIFFORD: BIG RED SCHOOL follows Emily Elizabeth and Clifford as they create a special school just for Clifford. Clifford loves..."
I Got Next

"I GOT NEXT is a picture book about self-confidence. A boy encourages himself to challenge the other kids who are..."