Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 4302
great new YA sci-fi!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

"These Broken Stars" is an interesting YA sci-fi that follows two young people after a space shuttle crash. Lilac LeRoux is practically royalty. Her father owns a high-profile corporation and her life has been sheltered- she is covered in pretty dresses and has lots of nice things, but she knows that her future will be political. Her marriage will only be used to advance her father's company. Tarver is from a poor family and a military veteran. When the space shuttle crashes on a seemingly abandoned planet, they must fight to survive. As they traverse the planet in hopes of rescue, they discover there are more sinister secrets hiding there.

The story is told from Lilac and Tarver's point-of-views, along with some conversations between Tarver and someone questioning him about the time after the crash. As they fight for survival and answers, they grow closer to each other and a romance blooms. Partly sci-fi, partly romance, and partly thriller, this book captured my attention from the get-go, and I really loved following Tarver and Lilac's journey.

This book will definitely be a hit amongst YA romance fans, and I found it really entertaining and page-turning. I listened to the audiobook, and I highly recommend it- the voices are well done and the telling is fantastic!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

A Thousand Questions

0.0 (0)
Set against the backdrop of Karachi, Pakistan, Saadia Faruqi’s tender...

0.0 (0)
Second in a new series about a bright and determined...

0.0 (0)
There's a chill in the air and frost on the...

0.0 (0)
Disney’s classic animated films come to life in the latest...
Fence: Striking Distance

0.0 (0)
The boys of Kings Row bout with drama, rivalry, and...
Pirate Nell's Tale to Tell

0.0 (0)
From the author/illustrator team behind The Snatchabook comes a book-filled...
The Glass Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #2)

0.0 (0)
Once Upon a Time meets Game of Thrones in...
Skyhunter (Skyhunter, #1)

0.0 (0)
A broken world. An overwhelming evil. A team of...
Finding Balance

0.0 (0)
Jase Ellison doesnt remember having acute lymphocytic leukemia when...
Be a Voter!: 450 Stickers for Democracy

0.0 (0)
Get out the vote! It’s...
I Believe In You

0.0 (0)
A charming picture book that inspires confidence, boosts self-esteem, and...
Breathless

0.0 (0)
From Jennifer Niven, the #1 New York Times bestselling...
Of Thorns and Beauty (Twisted Pages Book 1)

0.0 (0)
You think you know the tale as old time,...
The Verity

0.0 (0)
When being eaten alive is the least of your...
Meanwhile

0.0 (0)
Celebrate 10 years of this completely original graphic novel take...
Grant Beagan: The Finder's Code

0.0 (0)
He’s just an ordinary teenager who likes astronomy, video games,...

Latest Member Reviews

Among the Red Stars

"Among the Red Stars by Gwen C. Katz is the WWII feminist book you didn’t know you needed. Inspired by..."
Ruin and Rising (Grisha Trilogy #3)

"I am now officially in a state of end-of-book-series mourning. I shall don my book nerd black armband and grapple..."
Among the Red Stars

"Valka has trained as a pilot, and idolizes some of the Russian women who have made the news for the..."

"Check out my blog for more reviews: http://sweetcherry69.blogspot.com/ No! No! NO! Why does she lose her powers? Why does..."

"Leigh Bardugo’s Ruin and Rising, the third and final book in her Grisha trilogy, was the finale the series needed...."
Egg and Spoon

"In Egg and Spoon, Gregory Maguire creates a modern folk tale completely drenched in the mystery and beauty of Russian..."
Rachel's Promise (Rachel Trilogy #2)

"Rachel's Promise, the second book in a trilogy, picks up where Rachel's Secret ended. Rachel and her family have abandoned..."
Rachel's Secret (Rachel Trilogy #1)

"When 14 year-old Rachel's father prods her about her withdrawn behavior, she implores him, "If you had a secret but..."

"I could not but Ruin and Rising down. Leigh has given her fans one of the most amazing series ending..."

"I don’t know where to start. Ruin and Rising was one of the most anticipated book for me. When I..."

"I don’t know where to start. Ruin and Rising was one of the most anticipated book for me. When I..."
The Boy on the Bridge

JenJen
"What I Liked: The cover for THE BOY ON THE BRIDGE as well as the time period covered is..."
The Boy on the Bridge

"What I Liked: The Boy in the Bridge is one of those instances where the cover does not prepare you..."