Twice Dead Featured
Young Adult Fiction 1592
Twice Dead by Caitlin Seal
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Feedback

I absolutely loved this story! This book was never boring and always kept me wanting more. The beginning starts off fast with the death and resurrection of Naya. It didn’t take long after that for Naya to begin her training as spy. All of the detail that Seal put into the book created a perfect pace. The beginning developed very well leading to an interesting middle with an explosive ending. Each word completely devoured me, I never wanted to stop reading. What I found most interesting about this book is that the town didn’t seem big. Usually a book in a small setting seems boring as there is not much travelling offering little variety. The city being small is what made this book balanced. I was able to truly believe Naya’s travels and could imagine her walking down the streets. There was not a big map to memorize, leading to a successful setting. Even though the setting was small, the story was huge. I found this plot to be very unique. The twist on wraiths and necromancy was done fantastically. The history of the practice and the tension it has caused between lands was very rich.

In each successful story, there are strong characters. Naya is no different. She is such a strong character that I enjoy reading from her point of view. I loved seeing her come into her power and acceptance of who she is now. The only disappointing characteristic was her treatment toward Lucia during most of the book. I understood the reasoning behind Naya’s behavior but it still bothered me. Other than that, I adored Naya and rooted for her the entire time. Each of the characters in the book were perfect for their role and fit perfectly. I am very excited to continue their story in book 2!

Final Thoughts

Overall, Twice Dead by Caitlin Seal is the book you never knew you needed. I did not realize how badly I needed a story like this. The unique plot absorbed me into the pages following Naya’s adventure. Naya’s character developed so well throughout the novel and each of her companions complemented the story. I highly recommend this book those who love fantasy and adventure.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

0.0 (0)
A shocking thriller about a group of friends who go...
Bird Boy

0.0 (0)
Take flight in this heartwarming story about a boy who...
Love You By Heart

0.0 (0)
Acclaimed creator of The Word Collector, Happy Dreamer, Say Something,...
Fa-La-La Llama (Touch-and-Feel Board Book)

0.0 (0)
Get ready to deck the halls with these joyful, singing,...
Our Way Back to Always

0.0 (0)
To All the Boys I've Loved Before meets Morgan Matson...
The Last Gate of the Emperor

0.0 (0)
From Kwame Mbalia and Prince Joel David Makonnen comes an...
Traitors Among Us

0.0 (0)
World War II may be over. But two sisters are...
The Devil Makes Three

0.0 (0)
When Tess and Eliot stumble upon an ancient book hidden...
African Icons: Ten People Who Shaped History

0.0 (0)
Meet the ten remarkable kings, queens, inventors, scholars, and visionaries...
Liar's Room

0.0 (0)
This spooky stand-alone from MG horror expert Dan Poblocki is...
Manu: A Graphic Novel

0.0 (0)
Set at a magical school for girls, a funny and...
Barakah Beats

0.0 (0)
Twelve-year-old Nimra Sharif has spent her whole life in Islamic...
Cold-Blooded Myrtle (Myrtle Hardcastle #3)

0.0 (0)
Myrtle Hardcastle—twelve-year-old Young Lady of Quality and Victorian amateur detective—is...
How to Get Away with Myrtle (Myrtle Hardcastle #2)

0.0 (0)
Myrtle Hardcastle has no desire to go on a relaxing...
Playing the Cards Your Dealt

0.0 (0)
Ten-year-old Anthony Joplin has made it to double digits! Which...
Kyle's Little Sister

0.0 (0)
My name is Grace, not "Kyle's little sister!" ...

Latest Member Reviews

"Miles "Pudge" Halter seeks for a "Great Perhaps", and attends Culver Creek, a boarding school. Yet, he finds himself with..."
Bud, Not Buddy

"Bud not Buddy is awesome! im in year 9 and im reading it in school for an assignment. On the..."
Before I Fall

"Love this book! One of my favorites."
Speak

"It's a fast read."

""Pretties" is a continuation of the Uglies series where Tally Youngblood has now returned to the city and become a..."
The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles #1)

""The Adoration of Jenna Fox" is the story of a teenager who wakes up from a coma without any memories..."
Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy (Bloody Jack #1)

"This first-person present-tense piece of historical YA fiction begins a bit like a Charles Dicken’s work—eighteenth-century London, poor destitute orphan,..."
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1)

"This one took a while to get into. I didn't warm much to Grace. She didn't seem to have much..."
Thirteen Reasons Why

"Definitely the reason why I decided to reread this was because of the show. and now that I finished reading..."
Thirteen Reasons Why

"Thirteen Reasons Why (stylised as Th1rteen R3eason Why) follows shy high school teenager Clay Jensen. Clay has received a..."
Tiger Eyes

"4.5 Stars A great and emotional read. A young teenage girl; Davey struggles with the loss of her father..."
The Lonely Hearts Club

" 4.5 Stars! This was a fun and sweet read. Definitely for fans of contemporary ya books. Penny Lane..."
The Lonely Hearts Club

"4.5 Stars! This was a fun and sweet read. Definitely for fans of contemporary ya books. Penny Lane is..."
Angus, Thongs & Full Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1)

DA Dragon Authors
"I (Erin) bought this one as a “blind date” from Malaprops. They wrap books in brown paper and write things..."

"The Deathday Letter by Shaun David Hutchinson is a young adult standalone novel. This is not the first book by..."

"Nick O’Leary, the straight bass player in queercore punk band, is playing at a club in downtown Manhattan when he..."

"This is not one of my favorite books, it's a bit too sad for me. I will say that this..."
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush #1)

"When I first read this book in 2010 I hated it. I thought it was overrated and boring. It also..."
The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires #2)

"This installment starts right where Glass Houses ended, which is great because now we have no time lapse to try..."
Angus, Thongs & Full Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1)

"I love this series more than life itself. Georgia is hilarious and someone we can all relate to. Non-stop..."