Review Detail

OK
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

"The Adoration of Jenna Fox" is the story of a teenager who wakes up from a coma without any memories of who she is or what happened. Her parents are clearly keeping something from her and don't want to explain the truth. Eventually, she figures it out for herself, as she becomes more and more herself with more personality.

The beginning was really exciting and I was anticipating the secrets/sci-fi relationships. One of my first guesses was the truth, so I wasn't terribly surprised. I won't say exactly so as not to include spoilers, but around then it started to seem very slow. The mysteries were mostly gone and it was unclear how to proceed from there. I'm on the fence about the book as a whole, maybe because I've read some really exciting/surprising books recently.

The romance was OK, nothing special, but kind of believable. I mean, they are teenagers... Overall, I think it was alright- well written and all- but I won't be continuing with the series.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Cousins

0.0 (0)
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of One...
A Curse of Roses

0.0 (0)
Based on Portuguese legend, this #OwnVoices historical fantasy is an...
I Don't Want to Wash my Hands!

0.0 (0)
From beloved children's author and illustrator Tony Ross, comes a...
Dance Like a Leaf

0.0 (0)
As her grandmother's health declines, a young girl begins to...
The Bitterwine Oath

3.3 (2)

0.0 (0)
San Solano, Texas, is a quaint town known for...
Sing Like No One's Listening

0.0 (0)
A moving YA debut about a talented young singer...
Heiress Apparently (Daughters of the Dynasty, #1)

0.0 (0)
The first book in an epic and romantic YA...
The Good Girls

0.0 (0)
One of Us Is Lying meets Sadie in this...
Frozen 2: Dangerous Secrets: The Story of Iduna and Agnarr

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Iduna harbors a dark secret. On the surface,...
The Camelot Betrayal

0.0 (0)
The second book in a new fantasy trilogy from...

0.0 (0)
Every summer, they say goodbye. Dorit goes to Tel Aviv...
Incredible Animals

0.0 (0)
In this illustrated guide, discover fascinating and unusual information about...
Special Delivery

0.0 (0)
A lovely book to share with children in an expecting...
Eyelike Stickers: Trains

0.0 (0)
Hundreds of irresistible, reusable, and collectible stickers to mix, match,...

0.0 (0)
It is twenty years since the events of La Belle...
Winter Light

0.0 (0)
WINTER LIGHT is the story of 15-year-old Mary Donahue...

Latest Member Reviews

The Most Dangerous Place on Earth

" I received a free copy from the publisher through Netgalley. The Most Dangerous Place on Earth centers around a..."
Eve of Man

"EVE OF MAN by Giovanna and Tom Fletcher is the latest in YA dystopias. In the story, a phenomenon of..."
Dragons in a Bag (Dragons in a  Bag, # 1)

"Dragons in a Bag is a whimsical, moving, and magical tale. Perfectly tailored to it’s intended audience, Dragons In a..."
Wonder

" Aiming on the younger end of the Middle Grade spectrum, Wonder is the story of a disfigured 5th grader..."

"Ali-A, Clare, and their dog Eevee are attending a launch party for the game Alien Liberator 2. Ali-A gets ready..."
Comic Squad: Detention!

"Eight different author/illustrators bring to life (and panel) eight different stories told via sequential art, with the uniting theme of..."
Olive and the Backstage Ghost

"OLIVE AND THE BACKSTAGE GHOST is a middle grade horror/ghost story that is full of suspense. Olive loves to sing,..."
The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials #3)

"I didn't enjoy this series very much. The daemons (souls that look like animals) but it changed drastically in the..."
Poison's Kiss

""A teenage assassin kills with a single kiss.... Until she is ordered to kill the one boy she loves." ..."
Angels in the Dark

"List of all 7 stories: What Happened to Trevor Arriane's Day Out Daniel in L.A. Miles in the Dark..."
Shuffle, Repeat

"June isn't happy that her mother has chosen to move out into the country, especially since she has arranged for..."
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

"Nine-year-old Bruno is growing up in Berlin during World War II. After Bruno’s father is promoted to a Commandant, he..."
Puppy Pirates #3: Catnapped!

"Okay, this is incredibly adorable and so creative! I didn’t think a book about dogs could get any more..."
The Chocolate War

"Jerry Renault, is a freshmen at Trinity, a Catholic high school for boys. He is a quiet and reserved student,..."
These Shallow Graves

"This is for those who are into Historical Fiction, centering on the 19th century. It's close to the time of..."
Alive

"The author and publisher of Alive requested that the bloggers chosen to review the book not reveal too much information..."
I Know What You Did Last Summer

"Four high school students, Julie, Helen, Barry and Ray are returning from a party when they accidentally hit a young..."
Alive

" "Don't base reality on what you have seen when you have seen very little." If you’re a..."
Deception's Pawn (Deception's Princess #2)

"In this sequel to Deception's Princess, Maeve, the favorite daughter of the evil High King is being fostered at Dun..."
Eragon (Inheritance #1)

"The Inheritance Cycle certainly has a lot of pros and cons. But I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons...."