4.5 2
Featured
Young Adult Fiction 3139
great suspense
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

“The Hanging Girl” was an intense YA thriller that was impossible to put down. Skye (Candi Skye Thorn) has had a tough life with her mother, who had her at 15 and works at Stop and Shop to pay (most of) the bills. Skye works at a diner, but dreams of moving to NYC with her BFF, Drew. She learned that pretending to be psychic will help earn some extra cash, and so does Tarot card readings for her classmates for fun. Although she believes it is all fake, her mother believes she has psychic skills and does “professional” readings.

Everything changes when a girl from school goes missing. Paige was the quintessential rich, popular girl. Using information she was fed from the kidnappers, Skye goes to the police to report her “visions” that lead them to investigate Paige’s disappearance. As the clues start stacking up, Skye begins to realize she is in way over her head. The book takes a lot of unexpected twists and turns and becomes a suspense/thriller/mystery that will keep you reading until the last page.

I don’t want to include spoilers, so I will not say too much more about the plot, but it was deliciously intense. Although I had some major things figured out pretty quickly, there were still others that threw me for a loop, and I really enjoyed the surprises. It’s an intricate plot that will keep you guessing. I really enjoyed this book and think it will great for anyone who enjoys YA suspense/mysteries- this is really well done!

Please note that I received an ARC from the publisher through netgalley. All opinions are my own.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account