Review Detail

LIFEL1K3 Featured
Young Adult Fiction 1291
Lifel1k3
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

With the technologies that we have nowadays, it's not that undeniable that with the scientist and mechanics miraculous hands that they can build and create robots or lifelike as we call in Jay Kristoff's new novel. We couldn't even know if the people that surrounds us are actually people or they could be even .............. ROBOTS. Terrifying as it seems but it's not that bad to be surrounded by robots. Especially how the author, Jay Kristoff, wrote the novel Lifelike. With his impeccable writing and narration, it welcome us to be open-minded and welcoming robots in our environment is not actually a bad idea.

To be honest, I'm terrified at first to read the novel and ask myself "would I will enjoy this novel of his?" as I did DNF his another novel that is titled "Illuminae" which he co-wrote with Amie Kauffman. When I reach the first three chapters, I know that DNFing this novel will not happen.

The book is written with flashbacks. It tells and show us what's the life of Eve before she was fostered with her grandfather, Silas. With this type of narration. It helps us see what the book is all about. It let us imagine and answer the questions that we have in mind about the plot.

Aside from having lots of action, having Lemon Fresh and Cricket in the story gives us nonstop laughter with their humorous and out of this world lines. Just by hearing the name of Lemon Fresh already gave us a smile.

All throughout reading the book, I was wondering and puzzled why the title is formatted in a unique way. When I reached the end of the book, I'm not just been bombarded with the plot twist of the book. But was amazed why the letter "I" and "E" in Lifel1k3 is spelled with the number "1" and "3".

If you as well is wondering with the title, I challenged you to read and finish the book and be amazed and shock with Jay Kristoff's way of writing a book.

Lastly, with Lifel11k3, now I know why lots of the book community is going gaga with all of Kristoff's work.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

A Girl in Three Parts

0.0 (0)
I can split myself in two . . . something...
Honor Lost (The Honors, #3)

0.0 (0)
Quick-thinking Leviathan pilot Zara Cole must stop a planet-eating monster...
If...

0.0 (0)
Take a fantastical journey through an inspiring world where anything...
Baby Up, Baby Down: A First Book of Opposites

0.0 (0)
Handpicked by Amazon kids’ books editor, Seira Wilson, for Prime...
Be Our Guest!

0.0 (0)
Join Gray Malin’s menagerie of wild animals for a stay...
Hat Tricks

0.0 (0)
Meet Hattie the magician―she’s a natural performer, and you’re invited...
Stanley's Toolbox

0.0 (0)
It’s another busy day with Stanley and friends! ...
Spring Is Here!

0.0 (0)
When spring arrives, baby animals come out to play with...
10 Things I Hate About Pinky

0.0 (0)
The delightful follow-up to When Dimple Met Rishi and There’s...
The Child of Chaos

0.0 (0)
This is what fantasy fiction should be." --Piers Anthony, New...
Want to Read Rate this book 1 of 5 stars2 of 5 stars3 of 5 stars4 of 5 stars5 of 5 stars Preview Star-Spangled: The Story of a Flag, a Battle, and the American Anthem

0.0 (0)
“O say can you see” begins one of the most...

0.0 (0)
July 20, 1969. It’s a day that has earned a...
Thurgood Marshall

0.0 (0)
When Thurgood Marshall—the great grandson of a slave—was born, African...
Down Under the Pier

0.0 (0)
There’s lots of fun to be had up on the...
Lali's Feather

0.0 (0)
This endearing story of identification and values shows the rewards...

Latest Member Reviews

Sounder

"HarperCollins issued a revised edition of this on 30 Decemember 2019. This 1970 Newbery winner is set in the deep..."
Holes

"Important message. Unique perspective."
Holes

"A family curse, a false accusation, a local legend, and a series of coincidences come together in this generation-spanning tale..."
It's Kind of a Funny Story

"A mature contemporary YA, set in New York City. The story is told in first-person present-tense, exclusively from the perspective..."
The Sleeper and the Spindle

"The Sleeper and the Spindle is a short illustrated novel by renowned genius Neil Gaiman that spins a clever twist..."

"Johnny loves his job as a teen stuntman, even if it means filling in for Ricky Corvette and not being..."
The Clique (The Clique #1)

"This is the most realistic book about girls in middle school I have ever read. it gets how girls..."
Confessions of an Imaginary Friend

"Confessions of an Imaginary Friend is humorous and delightful. I laughed my way through this book, and it’s no surprise..."
The Sleeper and the Spindle

"The Sleeper and the Spindle is a picture book that is as illuminating as it is dark. Spinning the fairytales..."
The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events #1)

"After a long day I wanted to read but I wanted something light, and entertaining. I opted for a kid’s..."
The Graveyard Book

"One can't possibly claim the title of this book isn't fitting...or exceedingly literal. >.> The story does indeed revolve around..."
Because of Winn-Dixie

" “Because of Winn Dixie” is written by Kate DiCamillo..."
Bliss

" This book is recommended to 12+ and in my opinion you will enjoy it for all the readers out..."

N/A
"This book is about a boy named Widge, and he is an orphan, and he has a good personally. I..."

"I found it vaguely reminiscent of 'My Side of the Mountain', from a distinctly female perspective, and facing a harsher..."

" I have to credit my early love of this book for a phase of reclusive nature-loving, and much..."
The Forbidden Library

"My heart has always held a special place for book. They take you to far off places away from every..."

"I really enjoyed this book for what it was. It kept me up till late, I finished it in one..."

"I really enjoyed the book No Talking by Andrew Clements. I think we all could learn an important lesson from..."
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret

"I read this book when I was in high school (who didn't right??) It's still a classic and probably one..."