Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1343
Epic Fantasy of Betrayal and Loyalty
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

THE TRAITOR'S GAME alternates between two main characters: Kestra and Simon. When Kestra is called back home to her father's estate after years in hiding, she is both nervous and excited. But after an attack on her carriage, Kestra finds herself forced to search for the mythical Olden blade in order to save her friends.

Simon is given the job as her guard and has to make sure she completes her quest. Everyone's lives depend on it because Lord Endrick cannot be allowed to continue his evil reign. Simon tries hard to put his and Kestra's past behind him, but it's easier said than done. Especially when his heart starts playing a role in the Traitor's Game.

At first, I have to admit that I didn't like Kestra, but it was interesting to watch her grow and change. That is what made this story five stars. I am so in love with Simon. He was such an adorable person who never wanted to give up on Kestra, no matter their history. THE TRAITOR'S GAME had an epic twist, that I won't give away, and I couldn't put this book down.

Final Verdict: THE TRAITOR'S GAME is full of mystery, betrayal, passion, and tests of loyalty and I enjoyed the fantasy element to it. I would recommend it to fans of any of the above listed because this book was beautifully written and I didn't want it to end. I'm eagerly awaiting the next one!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account