Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1861
A Fast Paced How Dunnit
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

The gang's (Seneca, Maddox, Aerin, and Madison) back again in "Follow Me" by Sara Shepard, author of the "Pretty Little Liars" series, to solve a kidnapping crime that has a connection to the murder from Book 1 of the series, "The Amateurs".

When Chelsea Dawson, a famous Instagrammer, goes missing from a party on the Jersey Shore, the group pretty quickly believes it could be Brett setting a trap for them. After a letter arrives, the crew is convinced and takes off to investigate the kidnapping in hopes that they can both save Chelsea and catch Brett in action. As always with a Shepard story, there's the usual red herrings, the gossip-filled social lives of all the suspects, and ever-present danger.

In the midst of trying to save a young girls life and catch a killer, the group is dealing with their own personal issues. As Seneca and Maddox try to navigate their budding relationship, Aerin struggles to get over the grief of losing her sister and accept her own growing feelings for Thomas.

It all leads to an unbelievable ending that will make your jaw hit the floor.

This is so much more than a usual who dunnit mystery since we know right from the first page who the suspect is. This is so much more a psychological thriller with a ticking clock - will the crew get to Chelsea in time? Who else will Brett kill in the mean time? What's Brett's end game - what does he really want?

Once again, Shepard weaves a disturbing, chilling, and highly addictive read making this book a must-read followup to the first book and a series to read for anyone looking for a good thriller and mystery.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Kingdom of Ink and Paper (The Betwixt and Between Chronicles Book 1)

0.0 (0)
Every book you’ve ever read. Every story you’ve ever ...
The First Holidays

0.0 (0)
Lila Weston is a pro at keeping secrets, but this...
Wings of Ebony (Wings of Ebony, #1)

0.0 (0)
In this riveting, keenly emotional debut fantasy, a Black teen...
You Say It First

0.0 (0)
One conversation can change everything. Meg has her entire...
My High School Royal Boyfriend

0.0 (0)
ALEX A tragedy at Langley Estate puts my family...
The Forgotten World (The World Apart Series Book 3)

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
Clark thought he knew what grief was. Addie thought...
Tales from the Hinterland

0.0 (0)
A gorgeously illustrated collection of twelve “lush and deliciously...
Sisters of Shadow and Light

0.0 (0)
From the acclaimed author of Defy, Sara B. Larson,...
In the Penalty Box

0.0 (0)
Willow Figure skating was supposed to be my whole...
Unchosen

0.0 (0)
Katharyn Blair crafts a fiercely feminist fantasy with a horrifying...
Miracle Girl

0.0 (0)
Leanne Strong hates June eighth even though it's supposed to...
The Memory Thief  (Thirteen Witches #1)

0.0 (0)
Twelve-year-old Rosie Singer’s mom is missing whatever it is that...
Singled Out: The True Story of Glenn Burke

0.0 (0)
On October 2nd, 1977, Glenn Burke, outfielder for the Los...
The Elephant in the Room

0.0 (0)
It's been almost a year since Sila's mother traveled halfway...
Alone in the Woods

0.0 (0)
Jocelyn and Alex have always been best friends...until they aren't....
Disaster Days

0.0 (0)
Hannah Steele loves living on Pelling, a tiny island near...

Latest Member Reviews

Someone to Love Me (Bluford #4)

"Reader reviewed by Trinnie I think this book is pretty much saying you have to sometimes listen to the people..."
Until We Meet Again (Bluford #7)

"Reader reviewed by Marah Until we Meet Again By: Anne Schraff Hakeem Darcys boyfriend..."

"Reader reviewed by Jazmain.S Dear Mrs.Anne Shraff I love readin your bluford high school books they are my favorite out..."
Secrets in the Shadows (Bluford #3)

"Reader reviewed by flower i love all the blueford high bookz. im suprised dat im even readin. for the..."
Night of the White Owls

"Reader reviewed by Albert Thompson I really enjoys the book.It makes you want to read more even after your done..."
Matter of Trust (Bluford #2)

"Reader reviewed by Mz.Maxie I really enjoyed this book.The reason i liked dis book is because its reality and the..."
Lost and Found (Bluford #1)

"Reader reviewed by babyboo This book is the best I have been through alot of this stuff. I believe..."

"Reader reviewed by nunu Darcy finally started dating hakeem and her friend from grade school,brisana always talked about hakeem and..."

"Reader reviewed by Maiya "Somebody to Love Me" is the best book i have ever read in my life!! I..."

"Reader reviewed by zaza This book is about a girl name Darcy that has to take care of her grandmother..."

"Reader reviewed by olyvia boooo i'm reding a book a called Lost and Found it is about a girl..."

"Reader reviewed by Kendyl all i wont to say before i tell you what i feel is i cryd about..."

"Reader reviewed by al Until we Meet Again Is a very instersaing book it make you imagin what darcy..."

"Reader reviewed by Lexie Pooh Parker LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my favorite part in this book was when Roylin had the..."

"Reader reviewed by RENEISHA THIS WAS A GOOD BOOK BUT TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH THE BEST BOOK ANYONE..."

"Reader reviewed by RiSSA I love this book so much because its like what most teenage girls like myself go..."

"Reader reviewed by wendy This book is about Darcy's growing conflict with Brisana Meeks,her old friend. With brisana trying to..."

"Reader reviewed by youngtwizm So I have been reading this crazy cool book. The name of the cool book is..."

"Reader reviewed by Brittany Could things get much worse? Darcy has been assigned to work with Tarah on a science..."

"Reader reviewed by britt a matter of trust is about a girl named darcy and her..."