Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 8588
I Love This Series
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Heir of Fire is a great third installment to the Throne of Glass series. It continues our journey through each character's life after Celaena left for Wendlyn courtesy of Chaol who didn't quite understand where he had "tossed" his friend until she actually left.

I really love this new, undiscovered world along with the people and dangers within. Even the new characters have their own type of charm... and yes, that includes Rowan. Though everyone seems to be girling over the brute of a Fae, I seem to still have my eyes on Chaol regardless of what previously happened between him and Celaena. However, going on through the story, I've learned to love Rowan in his ... Fae ways (I suppose).

This book wasn't slow as some people say it was... at least, in my opinion, it wasn't. However, I really could have done without the new character perspective of Mannon and the witches. Sure, it gave some insight as to what was happening while Celaena was away and the others were unaware of how dangerous the King was becoming, but I feel like that story stretched on and I had to continue fighting the urge to skip those pages. One thing that I really did love about the Mannon story was that it revealed what happened with Ansel (I wonder what will happen if Celaena should cross paths with her now).

The ending was great and full of action, making you want to read more right away. Alas, when I first read this book, it literally had just came out and I had to wait this agonizingly long just for Queen of Shadows to come out. I was up until 4AM reading this because I really wanted to finish it. I really can't wait to see what Celaena does next and if she finds out what happened to everyone at the castle. I want to know if (SPOILER) the king of assassins actually has this wyrdkey.
Good Points
- The world building
- The action!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Counting Down with You

0.0 (0)
In this sparkling and romantic YA debut, a reserved Bangladeshi...
There's No Ham in Hamburgers: Facts and Folklore About Our Favorite Foods

0.0 (0)
From hot dogs and hamburgers to ice cream and pizza,...
The Light of Days Young Readers’ Edition: The Untold Story of Women Resistance Fighters in Hitler's Ghettos

0.0 (0)
As their communities were being destroyed, groups of Jewish women...
In Deeper Waters

0.0 (0)
A young prince must rely on a mysterious stranger to...
Paint by Sticker Kids: Outer Space

0.0 (0)
Blast off into outer space with this mess-free sticker craft!...
These Feathered Flames (These Feathered Flames, #1)

0.0 (0)
When twin heirs are born in Tourin, their fates are...
The Mother of Monsters

0.0 (0)
Mischievous Ntombi is not at all afraid of the fearsome...
Grim, Grunt and Grizzle-Tail: A Story from Chile

0.0 (0)
Brave young Pedro faces monsters and greedy guards when he...
What Beauty There Is

0.0 (0)
What Beauty There Is is Cory Anderson's stunning YA...
Baseball Baby

0.0 (0)
This original board book series, which begins with America's favorite...
I Am Not a Penguin

0.0 (0)
This hilarious story of a pangolin with an identity crisis...
Poison Priestess (Lady Slayers, #2)

0.0 (0)
In 17th-century Paris, 19-year-old Catherine Monvoisin is a well-heeled...
Sam Can't Sleep

0.0 (0)
When Sam can’t sleep, he decides to ask all the...
The Prison Healer (The Prison Healer, #1)

0.0 (0)
Seventeen-year-old Kiva Meridan has spent the last ten years...
Fate Calling

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
A cursed fae prince. A lonely human lass. A...
Welcome to California

0.0 (0)
Welcome to California! We're glad you're here! Introducing a new...

Latest Member Reviews

We Hunt the Flame

"I really loved We Hunt the Flame. It is a well-written fantasy inspired by Middle Eastern culture. The world building..."
The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)

"THE FAITHLESS HAWK is one of my favorite reads of 2020. I laughed, I sighed, I cried, and this book..."
Scarlet Odyssey

"SCARLET ODYSSEY is a high fantasy that takes place in a world at war. Men are often raised to be..."
Of Ice and Shadows

"WHAT I LOVED: One of my biggest complaints about Of Fire and Stars was its lacking characterization, but that’s been..."
The Archer at Dawn (The Tiger at Midnight, #2)

"THE ARCHER AT DAWN is a fantastic sequel in the THE TIGER AT MIDNIGHT trilogy. This second book picks up..."
Live Like Legends

"LIVE LIKE LEGENDS is an absolutely fantastic YA fantasy romance. We follow Kalista, who is a princess born to be..."
Forged in Fire and Stars

"FORGED IN FIRE AND STARS is an engaging YA fantasy/adventure. The book begins in the past, when Saetlund was under..."
Inkmistress

"WHAT I LOVED: People do inadvisable things for love. Some of us publicly embarrass ourselves, but Asra uses her..."
Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)

"INTO THE CROOKED PLACE is an engaging YA fantasy that follows five characters on a quest of aligned goals- even..."
Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)

"KINGDOM OF SOULS is a dark epic fantasy that follows Arrah, a girl whose mother is the Ka-Priestess and whose..."
The Memory Thief

"THE MEMORY THIEF is an engrossing YA fantasy that will keep you turning pages late into the night. Etta lives..."
Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)

"VOW OF THIEVES is a thrilling end to a wonderful spin-off YA fantasy. Although a spin-off series from the Remnant..."